3 Gallon Low Tech - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 07-03-2013, 05:03 PM   #16
jjt
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by artresz View Post
Thanks, I'm definitely going to look into a lower wattage bulb, I think I can find something similar to that at Lowes. We'll see.

I'm so tempted to get shrimp, but I'm a little afraid too seeing as there are already four fish in this tank. Would they really help that significantly? Because all I really need is a small push and I'll go for it. XD
Get shrimps!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
jjt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #17
artresz
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjt View Post
Get shrimps!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
Haha yeah that's the plan. =] Once I set up my 5 gallon to move the endlers into I'll be getting a few more. I actually have had one RCS in there for the past two months. (Was two, lost one in the first week.) She's definitely going to need friends soon!
Old 07-07-2013, 03:43 AM   #18
artresz
Algae Grower

It's not what I would've planned for, but it's been a learning experience and therefore I'm happy with it for the time being.

Can I just say, I love my riccia carpet. Though I think it needs a bit of a trim...
Old 02-28-2014, 07:11 PM   #19
artresz
Algae Grower

As of the other day the tank has been re-done. Things went bad after a little bit of neglect, so I cleaned it out, saved some old gravel, water, and the filter media in order to keep it running. Added some sand, put the driftwood back, tied the anubias to it, added rotala, s. repens, and some new crypts.
Let's hope this works out as a shrimp tank.
May add some moss for them in the future.

Old 02-28-2014, 08:50 PM   #20
AquaAurora
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)

Its a shame the riccia carpet didn't last, that thick long patch was ridiculous! The rescape is very nice though ^^ Is that a high anubias leaf with a very long stem(almost as long as the stem plant) just to the right of the rotala bunch in the left corner, or a crypt?
AquaAurora is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2014, 10:47 PM   #21
artresz
Algae Grower

Yeah, I'm probably going to try something interesting with the leftover riccia in my 2.5 betta tank. I really liked how it looked when it got going.

That leaf is a crypt. =]
Old 03-25-2014, 03:30 PM   #22
artresz
Algae Grower

All is going very well since the re-scape. Here are a few iphone pictures. Though they're not the best quality they definitely show the colors better than I'd been getting previously.

Added about 20 RCS and 3 Endlers. The endlers were going to go into my 5.5 with the others but I've left them for now as it seems to be going well.
No new algae growth as of yet, I think I've found a good height for the light and everything is happy.

I used a small amount of excel for a few days after the re-scape and then stopped once adding shrimp. All this tank receives is top-offs and a water change once in a while and root tabs.

The big mess of guppy grass is hopefully only temporary but I'm kind of enjoying the extra green.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.