EHEIM 2217 Deal! $53.42 - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 07-07-2013, 01:41 AM   #16
Cyanider
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (10/100%)

Got mine today as well. Looks to be brand new! All media was still wrapped, and all parts were included. Everything was bubble wrapped and taped up.

I wonder why we all got brand new filters for so cheap?! This was an insane deal, I too wish I bought more!

Anyways, gonna hook this up in conjunction with my Fluval 405 and eventually phase it out. This is so much nicer.

ps: I also got my 405 for $50 from Petco. They're clearing stock on them, so if you see any x05 models, take it to the register and be shocked at the low price! 405 is the largest, and it was only $50. Others are much cheaper.. got a 305 also for $40.
Cyanider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2013, 02:08 AM   #17
sarahspins
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

I've never paid full price for any of my bigger filters. I bought one of my two fluval 306's for about $80 last year when petco had that 50% coupon that went viral (and was later kicking myself for not grabbing the 406 instead), the other I got on ebay for about $63, and it shipped to me from... Petco! I feel like what I paid for each was reasonable.. full retail, not so much.

So far I can say that the flow from the 2217 is really impressive, but the priming to get it going leaves a lot to be desired. I also wonder how difficult will it be to clean it out when the time comes? The fluvals are super simple with their trays.. but I forsee a small collection of buckets in my future for the Eheim.
sarahspins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:56 AM   #18
MiSo
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (22/100%)

wish i read the original post a little more carefully where OP described what "used" was. great deal, sucks that i missed out on it.
Eheim Pimp Club #190
MiSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:07 PM   #19
devilduck
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I got mine too and it appeared brand new, however I noticed that one of the plastic retainers that hold the motor head cover was broken when I received it. I didn't think it would affect the operation of the filter. Ran it for a couple of days and this morning I found it sitting in a puddle of water. Looks like I have a leak somewhere under the motor head cover. I'm guessing it's near the outflow.

I hate to go through the hassle of returning it. Going to try to take a peak under the cover this evening and see if I can figure out what the problem is.

This is my first Eheim and I'm already disappointed. I've owned several Rena's and never had a problem with them.
devilduck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:59 PM   #20
gus6464
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanider View Post
Got mine today as well. Looks to be brand new! All media was still wrapped, and all parts were included. Everything was bubble wrapped and taped up.

I wonder why we all got brand new filters for so cheap?! This was an insane deal, I too wish I bought more!

Anyways, gonna hook this up in conjunction with my Fluval 405 and eventually phase it out. This is so much nicer.

ps: I also got my 405 for $50 from Petco. They're clearing stock on them, so if you see any x05 models, take it to the register and be shocked at the low price! 405 is the largest, and it was only $50. Others are much cheaper.. got a 305 also for $40.
Did you get the 405 recently?
gus6464 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #21
Cyanider
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus6464 View Post
Did you get the 405 recently?
I got the 405 around the beginning of the year. I found the 305 on sale a few months ago. They're probably all gone at this point, but who knows.. at a Petco in a less populated area there may be one sitting on the shelf! I found them on the shelf next to the current x06 models with no special clearance price tag. Their register system knows the right price.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:51 PM   #22
mott
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilduck View Post
I got mine too and it appeared brand new, however I noticed that one of the plastic retainers that hold the motor head cover was broken when I received it. I didn't think it would affect the operation of the filter. Ran it for a couple of days and this morning I found it sitting in a puddle of water. Looks like I have a leak somewhere under the motor head cover. I'm guessing it's near the outflow.

I hate to go through the hassle of returning it. Going to try to take a peak under the cover this evening and see if I can figure out what the problem is.

This is my first Eheim and I'm already disappointed. I've owned several Rena's and never had a problem with them.
Hmm, you're disappointed with a used canister you bought from amazon for 54 bucks? Send it back and get another, don't blame Eheim,the original buyer probably broke it and sent it back. why would you even think about putting a broken can on your tank anyway?

EHEIM Pimp Club Member #250 2217,2026,2236
mott is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #23
devilduck
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I've decided to return my 2217 rather than attempt to repair it. The filter was brand new, the problem may have been due to shipping or a manufacturing defect. Amazon only gave me the option of a refund.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #24
nikonD70s
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (16/100%)

cant be brand new if its only for $53!

have my 2 eheim 2217 for 4 years now. and still going strong and quiet.
nikonD70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:38 PM   #25
sarahspins
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikonD70s View Post
cant be brand new if its only for $53!
Mine definitely was! Strapping still on box, and taped shut with factory tape. I suspect someone ordered a lot of them and returned them unused. Amazon sells returns as "used" even if they clearly weren't.

I'm happy with mine so far
sarahspins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:08 PM   #26
Cyanider
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Yeah, sounds like most of them were new. There's always one or two with a slight flaw or defect, unfortunately. Glad (mostly) everyone's filters came in tact and in great condition!