Island Paradise (ADA 60P) - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 07-05-2013, 01:22 AM   #16
thebuddha
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (25/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
I'm still hesitant about the German Blue Rams because I hear they can be aggressive. Anyone that can give some input on that?
I have 2 GBRs. They are a pair. They got along great, and never bothered each other, until they had a batch of eggs go missing. After that the boy pecked at the female for a couple days, now they are best friends again. They dont even acknowledge my rummynose tetra or ottos. I like them a lot
thebuddha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #17
Fuzz
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebuddha View Post
I have 2 GBRs. They are a pair. They got along great, and never bothered each other, until they had a batch of eggs go missing. After that the boy pecked at the female for a couple days, now they are best friends again. They dont even acknowledge my rummynose tetra or ottos. I like them a lot
Okay cool, that's what I was wanting to hear. That sounds so cute to have a pair of them, I was just hoping they wouldn't get territorial with other fish. Do they breed often and what do you do with the babies?

I think I'm pretty set on my fish stocking now and my cycling should finish in a week or so.

I think I'll go with:
2 GBRs
~12 or so forktail rainbowfish
and then a few amanos and otos

I checked Aqadvisor and the stocking is a little bit over 100% but I assume that will be alright if I keep on top of the water changes and such. Other than that I just need to make sure the water parameters are okay. This seem alright or should I rethink some of it?
Old 07-07-2013, 03:44 AM   #18
thebuddha
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (25/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Do they breed often and what do you do with the babies?
I have had them for a little over a month, and they have laid eggs twice, but those eggs havent made it past 3 days. new parents arent doing very great lol

they do lay what looks like over 100 eggs at a time though!
thebuddha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2013, 06:40 PM   #19
Fuzz
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebuddha View Post
I have had them for a little over a month, and they have laid eggs twice, but those eggs havent made it past 3 days. new parents arent doing very great lol

they do lay what looks like over 100 eggs at a time though!
Oh wow haha poor things. That sounds fun watching how they interact together so I think I'll get a couple
Old 07-07-2013, 11:01 PM   #20
joeyNdana
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Really, really like this scape, gives me some last minute inspiration before I start my rescape tomorrow.
joeyNdana is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2013, 04:10 PM   #21
Fuzz
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyNdana View Post
Really, really like this scape, gives me some last minute inspiration before I start my rescape tomorrow.
Haha thank you, I'm glad I could provide some inspiration for you! Looking forward to seeing what you've got going on too! I took a look at your 125 and it looks really nice, I like the layout of it. Is it the 75 that you're about to rescape?
Old 07-08-2013, 07:14 PM   #22
Fuzz
Algae Grower

Some new hardware came in! Quick disconnects on the inflow and outflow tubes will make cleaning the lily pipes much simpler, which also means I'm more likely to clean them often. Tried them out and they worked great and I was able to get off some green on the tubes and pipes that had already been building up over the past couple weeks, as you can tell in the picture.

Old 07-21-2013, 11:36 PM   #23
Fuzz
Algae Grower

So far things are still coming along pretty well. The plants are really starting to grow in, especially the moss. Will probably need to begin trimming that soon. I really like how the Nesaea looks popping out in front of the Bolbitis, hoping the other plants in the back take off soon, they were a little smaller when I got them.

All in all I think things are looking good so far, getting a bit of algae on the sand and glass occasionally that I have to clean up. Can't wait until I have shrimp and oto's to help out . I did manage to get a few snails with my plants so they seem to be cleaning it up some.

Still in the process of dosing ammonia to cycle it, going kinda slow but I think I should be able to get my livestock early next month.

Thanks for looking, here's a couple more shots:

Sorry for the quality, using my phone for right now. May try to borrow my friend's camera to get better shots sometime.

Tags
60-p, ada, aquascape, diy, driftwood

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.