philly area swap list. great for local pickups! - Page 168
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Pennsylvania


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2013, 03:31 PM   #2506
scapegoat
Planted Tank Guru
 
scapegoat's Avatar
 
PTrader: (14/100%)
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: philadelphia, pa
Posts: 2,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlife_hobbyist View Post
As was previously stated Nemos in Norristown is good....AZ pets & ponds (or something like that) has decent selection....I think they started as a POND store and have slowly expanded.....they're in the strip mall with Boscovs East in Exeter....Their Livestock is hit or miss....
For Hardgoods I recomend to either drive to That Pet Place in Lancaster or HR-Hidden Reeef and FF- Fish Factory in Lower Bucks (Bristol?). The FF and HR are about mile apart- can hit both at same time. Both of those have good Livestock as well...

Welcome aboard.
just to clarify, Nemos doesnt exist any more, it is now a "Natural Pet by Pet's Plus"

It was Captain Nemo's for so long that folks will still call it that, but anyone new to the area is going to be confused.
__________________
scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-04-2013, 02:06 AM   #2507
PhillyMurse
Algae Grower
 
PhillyMurse's Avatar
 
PTrader: (8/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Posts: 89
Default

Hey guys/gals. I am going to be moving to Harrisburg very soon and I can't take my tank with me I wanted to see if anyone was interested in the setup. I am not really comfortable selling on Craigslist and I would be much more comfortable with someone from the community coming to purchase. It's a 55 Gallon, two HOB filters (Marineland Penguin 200, Aqueon Quiet flow 55/75), a brand new Cascade 1500 canister filter, 48-inch Finnex Ray 2, in-tank UV Sterilizer, Marineland Powerhead, full pressurized CO2 setup (5LB tank, Milwaukee regulator), two mechanical power strips/timers, brand new Jaqno CO2 reactor, a bunch of dry ferts, CO2 tubing, used once Aqueon circulation pump,, Eheim battery powered vacuum, 25 foot water changer, ,...I feel like I am leaving some things out. Oh yea, two stands. The tank is also full of thriving plants and 15 fish and a few Nerite snails on clean up duty. I am in Chestnut Hill and would love for someone in the community that is local and can come by to take advantage of my loss. We can work something out. Shoot me a PM or whatever. I have pics and can take as many as you'd like.
__________________
Jeremy
PhillyMurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:31 AM   #2508
midlife_hobbyist
Planted Member
 
PTrader: (4/100%)
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: southeast PA
Posts: 286
Default

Sorry to see you leaving the area....I've never tried a UV sterilizer or a
CO2 setup- not sure if I am ready for that...
What livestock do you have?

Harrisburg--you should go nano tank route - you'll be in Ms. Jinx's backyard (sort of)
midlife_hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:41 PM   #2509
PhillyMurse
Algae Grower
 
PhillyMurse's Avatar
 
PTrader: (8/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Posts: 89
Default

Of course you're ready! It's a bit of a bummer since I love the area but it is an offer I couldn't pass up. I can't remember everything I've got in it so I'll put up a couple pics.








__________________
Jeremy
PhillyMurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:57 PM   #2510
midlife_hobbyist
Planted Member
 
PTrader: (4/100%)
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: southeast PA
Posts: 286
Default

Nice looking tank!! Shame you're getting out of the hobby...You have two stands- would one of them be a 55? (4ftX1ft)
midlife_hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:48 PM   #2511
Mizuhuman
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
Mizuhuman's Avatar
 
PTrader: (6/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 409
Default

damn. we're losing another fish tank member in philly. Sad day.
I am definitely interested, but unfortunately I am currently short on cash. Anyways, I wish you good fortune in Harrisburg
Mizuhuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:45 AM   #2512
PhillyMurse
Algae Grower
 
PhillyMurse's Avatar
 
PTrader: (8/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philadelphia, Pa
Posts: 89
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlife_hobbyist View Post
Nice looking tank!! Shame you're getting out of the hobby...You have two stands- would one of them be a 55? (4ftX1ft)
Thanks! I have two stands, one that the tank is actually on and another that I bought from a dude that makes them and I was planning on reinforcing it a bit more since I am a better safe than sorry kinda guy, I just never got around to it. It is also for a 55. I don't remember the exact dimensions though. Let me know if you want some pics of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuhuman View Post
damn. we're losing another fish tank member in philly. Sad day.
I am definitely interested, but unfortunately I am currently short on cash. Anyways, I wish you good fortune in Harrisburg
I know it's a bummer!

For any of you local guys/gals, I am willing to part with the plants/driftwood/fish free of charge (you have to come pickup) but I want the fish to go with. I don't want them stuck in an empty tank here. Fish are two black mollies that are awesome and pair bonded, 6 zebra danios, one red wag platy momma and a growing baby that has no problem getting food and hiding in the plants and moss, and (I think) 4 nerite snails that are great at cleaning up. So it's kind of an all or nothing situation
__________________
Jeremy
PhillyMurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:31 PM   #2513
scapegoat
Planted Tank Guru
 
scapegoat's Avatar
 
PTrader: (14/100%)
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: philadelphia, pa
Posts: 2,192
Default

anyone interested in any salt stuff? I've a 12g nano cube i'm looking to "empty" out. live rock, clown fish, corals, cleaner shrimp, etc
__________________
scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:10 PM   #2514
PeterN1986
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PeterN1986's Avatar
 
PTrader: (13/100%)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 511
Default

Quote:
For any of you local guys/gals, I am willing to part with the plants/driftwood/fish free of charge (you have to come pickup) but I want the fish to go with. I don't want them stuck in an empty tank here. Fish are two black mollies that are awesome and pair bonded, 6 zebra danios, one red wag platy momma and a growing baby that has no problem getting food and hiding in the plants and moss, and (I think) 4 nerite snails that are great at cleaning up. So it's kind of an all or nothing situation
PM sent.
PeterN1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:11 PM   #2515
PeterN1986
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PeterN1986's Avatar
 
PTrader: (13/100%)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 511
Default

Just went to Petsmart in South Philly (just off of 76 and Passyunk) and they have otos and ALL types of tetras (bloodfin, red & black skirt, etc.) on sale for JUST $1.00 until July 27th. Def a good deal for otos!
PeterN1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:58 PM   #2516
midlife_hobbyist
Planted Member
 
PTrader: (4/100%)
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: southeast PA
Posts: 286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterN1986 View Post
Just went to Petsmart in South Philly (just off of 76 and Passyunk) and they have otos and ALL types of tetras (bloodfin, red & black skirt, etc.) on sale for JUST $1.00 until July 27th. Def a good deal for otos!

Thanks Peter!
midlife_hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:45 AM   #2517
longgonedaddy
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
PTrader: (5/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 370
Default Raok

Hi everyone. I did a rescape this weekend after neglecting my tank for a long time. I have a pile of trimmings and whole plants that I was going to give to the Philly member who lost all their plants a couple weeks ago, but I haven't heard back. So if anyone wants them, they are yours. Like I said, I neglected my tank, so they all kind of grew into a big mess. Would make an awesome refuge for fry or shrimp. In fact, you may end up with some of mine. Very good possibility of snails as well, pink ramshorns and MTS.

I'm not the best at plant ID, but here's what I've put in

Rotala colorata
Limnophila of some sort
Ludwigia arcuata, I'm pretty sure this is the one that's really going wild.
Echinodorus sp. Xingu, this is the taller chain sword, got it from bamaplants.com. Twenty or maybe more plants.
Rotala rotundifolia
Rotala macaranda
Myriophyllum of some sort
Green, red and purple cabomba
Alternathera
A tall Val, American I think it's called
Hygro aungustifolia


Unfortunately, I can't guarantee numbers or species, as I have no intention of going through it. Let me know if you're interested, just pay shipping, probably going to be around 12 because of the size. Looking to only ship close because of the ridiculous heat we've been having.
longgonedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:50 PM   #2518
Trebor1776
Newbie
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Phildelphia
Posts: 3
Default

PM sent longgonedaddy
Trebor1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:26 AM   #2519
longgonedaddy
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
PTrader: (5/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longgonedaddy View Post
Hi everyone. I did a rescape this weekend after neglecting my tank for a long time. I have a pile of trimmings and whole plants that I was going to give to the Philly member who lost all their plants a couple weeks ago, but I haven't heard back. So if anyone wants them, they are yours. Like I said, I neglected my tank, so they all kind of grew into a big mess. Would make an awesome refuge for fry or shrimp. In fact, you may end up with some of mine. Very good possibility of snails as well, pink ramshorns and MTS.

I'm not the best at plant ID, but here's what I've put in

Rotala colorata
Limnophila of some sort
Ludwigia arcuata, I'm pretty sure this is the one that's really going wild.
Echinodorus sp. Xingu, this is the taller chain sword, got it from bamaplants.com. Twenty or maybe more plants.
Rotala rotundifolia
Rotala macaranda
Myriophyllum of some sort
Green, red and purple cabomba
Alternathera
A tall Val, American I think it's called
Hygro aungustifolia


Unfortunately, I can't guarantee numbers or species, as I have no intention of going through it. Let me know if you're interested, just pay shipping, probably going to be around 12 because of the size. Looking to only ship close because of the ridiculous heat we've been having.
All spoken for!

Thanks!
longgonedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #2520
scapegoat
Planted Tank Guru
 
scapegoat's Avatar
 
PTrader: (14/100%)
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: philadelphia, pa
Posts: 2,192
Default

i have a dirty 55g w/ pine stand (painted black) for sale. $50 takes it.
__________________

Last edited by scapegoat; 07-16-2013 at 04:02 PM.. Reason: stop asking me for a reason because i can put anything here.
scapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Planted Tank LLC 2012