Activity - Page 23
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Michigan

Old 06-14-2013, 12:30 AM   #331
lullafishi
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/100%)

My tank is stiiiiiill cycling and I'm sitting on my hands with impatience. It can handle 4ppm of ammonia in 24 hours but the nitrites are still off the API chart. Soon, soooon, my preciousss.

I visited Bluefish Aquarium today and drooled over all the pretties. All the plants looked healthy and I was quite impressed with the variety of fish. They even had some itty bitty corydoras habrosus (all sold, though). The person I talked to also said they are working on breeding their own gold rams.

They gave me some free malaysian trumpet snails and I strategically placed them on the thick white fuzz that's growing on my driftwood and substrate. I may have to go back for more of those little buggers.

Oh, and I picked up a 5 gallon tank with versa glass top from CL for $7. I'm thinking shrimp and CPDs for that eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydog64 View Post
Well I have been steadily loosing my OEBT since I introduced some Fire Reds into the tank so that really sucks, and the planted tank has been neglected since we recently moved and got married and I graduated in about a month time span.
Congratulations x 3!! What a crazy and exciting month that must have been! Did you graduate high school/college/masters/other?
lullafishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2013, 12:39 PM   #332
crazydog64
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lullafishi View Post
Congratulations x 3!! What a crazy and exciting month that must have been! Did you graduate high school/college/masters/other?
I graduated college, I got a B.S. in Information Systems from Grand Valley
crazydog64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #333
lullafishi
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Sweet, congratulations! My husband and I graduated GVSU several years ago, and I actually started teaching a class there as an adjunct prof this past semester. Go Lakers!
Old 06-17-2013, 03:57 PM   #334
GMYukonon24s
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Congrats! I graduated with the same degree this year except for I went to Walsh College.

MIAPG - Come join us - Plantedtank - MI - Greatlakesaquaria
GMYukonon24s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:49 PM   #335
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

Congrats to all the grads, didn't realize so many of you were in college.

Best of luck with your degrees, and hopefully they make the work scene easier for you.

I'm still thinking of consolidating some fish into different tanks to start an African cichlid tank.

Also Went collecting at a local lake recently, Found much more than I'd ever expected to see in Such Cool waters.

~George Orwell~

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

~Charles Darwin~
Maechael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #336
crazydog64
Planted Member

Well since I have been losing 1-2 of my pure blue OEBT every week for 6 weeks and my life finally settled down I went to Blue Fish and picked up some Paraguard and started the dosing last night. I hope it does the trick because I'm down to 6-10 from my high of the mid 20's. Here goes nothing.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:39 PM   #337
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

Best of luck, I hope it works and soon you have a thriving colony.

I've got an minor suggestion, and never having Kept shrimp it's kind of just a thought, but have you considered splitting the population into different tanks, so as to have more stability? One starts to die off, you still have the other kind of thing.

I won't be on here very much, My laptop has a half broken screen.

~George Orwell~

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

~Charles Darwin~
Old 06-21-2013, 06:27 PM   #338
crazydog64
Planted Member

That would require another already set up tank, as such my other 20g is a heavy planted with guppies and harliquin rasboras. Pretty much guaranteed to eat any fry if they find them.
Old 06-22-2013, 03:09 AM   #339
lullafishi
Planted Tank Obsessed

Sorry to hear about your shrimp problems. :c I'm having fish problems myself... most likely neon tetra disease. Fortunately it's contained to my QT only, but still really sucks.

but in better news, my display tank is looking great with another package deal of plants! added I need to update the photo in my journal. Still only plants and snails in it though. The disease outbreak is setting me back with stocking, but one day it will have fish!
Old 06-22-2013, 07:36 PM   #340
Duckmasta
Algae Grower

One thing you have to watch, is your going to lose a lot of that pure blue strain to interbreeding, as fire red cherry and tigers will do. Why I have my tigers and cherry in seperate tanks. The companion of my tigers is some CRS.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #341
crazydog64
Planted Member

Well I have been dosing full dosages of Paraguard for 5 days now and have had 0 losses since I started. I will give it a few more days/maybe a full week and do a large water change and hope for the best.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #342
lullafishi
Planted Tank Obsessed

I stopped in at Bluefish in GR yesterday. They have a TON of cute little baby rams... blue, electric blue, and sapphire (cross between GBR and electric). I believe most were shipped from Preuss'. They're trying to breed gold rams in their back and said they'll also be getting in some GBR juvies in the near future.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:34 AM   #343
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

Setup a new plant tank, So hoping to see better growth than in the random Jars, and tubs laying about my apartment. Little bowfront looks cool with Black sand.

~George Orwell~

~Charles Darwin~
Old 07-02-2013, 07:40 AM   #344
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

So Sawyer one of my two Bettas Jumped to his death sometime today, nearly 6 feet away from his 2nd shelf tank. Pretty bummed out by this, little guy had attitude and will be missed.

~George Orwell~

~Charles Darwin~
Old 07-02-2013, 03:35 PM   #345
lullafishi
Planted Tank Obsessed

I'm so sorry to hear that, Maechael. :c