Ridgewood Aquarium sale
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > New York

Old 06-28-2013, 03:14 PM   #1
acitydweller
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

PTrader: (174/100%)

Ridgewood Aquarium sale

Hi all,

One of our most favorite aquariums in the tristate area is closing their doors next weekend.
Please make an effort to stop by on saturday if you can.

There are a dozen tanks, 4-5 fully established and scaped planted tank setups, various plants, light fixtures, glass cube tanks, glassware, aquarium accessories, steel shelves, wooden and steel stands and live stock left.

10 S Broad St Ridgewood, NJ 07450
(201) 857-8300

All items are priced to sell. If you have never seen an ADA scaped tank in person, now is your chance!

One of our local hobbyists, Chris (shloken38) is arranging a nj lfs tour so contact him.

Please say a fond hello for me to John and Peter and wish them a prosperous future. I have always supported contributors to this hobby and will always encourage everyone to do thesame...

Last edited by acitydweller; 06-29-2013 at 01:36 PM.. Reason: abc
acitydweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2013, 03:30 PM   #2
Aquaticz
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)

Bummer always hate to see a LFS close. Best of Luck

Aquaticz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:36 PM   #3
JoraaÑ
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (340/100%)

AL, you going lmk via Pm.
JoraaÑ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:35 PM   #4
shloken38
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)

Update on this.....they are not going to open tomorrow. But they will be opening next Saturday from 12p-4p. I am planning on heading over there myself. I live in NJ, near the Lincoln, so I am willing to pick up 5 city folk from the Hoboken PATH station. If anyone ends up buying a tank or any other larger equipment, I'll drive you home if you cover tolls. This will be first come, first serve, so please let me know in advance so we can plan accordingly.
2.5 Gallon - Pea Puffer
5.5 Gallon - RCS, Ghost Shrimp, Ember Tetras, Sparkling Gouramis, Bumble Bee Gobies
10 Gallon - Pure Black Bar Endlers
29 Gallon - Planted Community - Cherry Barbs, Neon Tetras, Various Cory Cats, Albino Bristlenose Pleco
shloken38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:15 PM   #5
salman
Algae Grower

PTrader: (5/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shloken38 View Post
Update on this.....they are not going to open tomorrow. But they will be opening next Saturday from 12p-4p. I am planning on heading over there myself. I live in NJ, near the Lincoln, so I am willing to pick up 5 city folk from the Hoboken PATH station. If anyone ends up buying a tank or any other larger equipment, I'll drive you home if you cover tolls. This will be first come, first serve, so please let me know in advance so we can plan accordingly.
i'ld like to go.
salman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:09 PM   #6
shloken38
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by salman View Post
i'ld like to go.
Ok. I have several people on the list so far. Let me throw my tentative plan out there, so everyone can decide for sure whether or not they want to go.

We are actually planning on making a day out of this now. SO, tentative meet up time will be 11:30am at the Hoboken terminal. We need to be prompt, so we can hit several stores. We're going to head to Ridgewood first, at their open time. Reason being if anyone wants to buy livestock at the other stores, the fish won't have to hang in the car as long. I'll bring a cooler anyway to maintain temp for the fish.

After Ridgewood, we can hit Fishtown USA, then Absolutely Fish, then Fish Hut. If anyone has any ideas to throw into the mix, feel free to speak up.

Again, we will be making a day out of this, so if you do have something planned for later in the day, you may not want to join the adventure. We all must be considerate for everyone in the group. I am driving, and I have already told the wife that the day is blocked out for this. So the trip will be as long as you guys want it to be. But we can't have one person in a rush to end the tour....everyone has to be in agreement. So please keep this in mind when signing up.

***One last thing.....I'd like to have a final list of participants by early next week....let's say Tuesday.
2.5 Gallon - Pea Puffer
5.5 Gallon - RCS, Ghost Shrimp, Ember Tetras, Sparkling Gouramis, Bumble Bee Gobies
29 Gallon - Planted Community - Cherry Barbs, Neon Tetras, Various Cory Cats, Albino Bristlenose Pleco

Last edited by shloken38; 06-28-2013 at 07:10 PM.. Reason: Added line
Old 06-28-2013, 08:06 PM   #7
melanotaenia
Planted Member

PTrader: (6/100%)

Aren't they pretty much the closest and only reasonably close ADA distributor near us? If so, that really sucks
melanotaenia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:19 PM   #8
shloken38
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by melanotaenia View Post
Aren't they pretty much the closest and only reasonably close ADA distributor near us? If so, that really sucks
Pretty much. They lasted one year. They aren't completely done....they have moved on to the wholesale side. So they will be distributing to the lfs's we buy from. So, hopefully, you will start to see ADA products in more places. We shall see.
2.5 Gallon - Pea Puffer
Old 06-29-2013, 04:04 AM   #9
VivaDaWolf
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)

no more soil stuff right?
VivaDaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #10
shloken38
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Don't know about soil stuff....Albert would know better than me. I have 2 so far.....if you are interested in going, let me know!
2.5 Gallon - Pea Puffer
Old 07-01-2013, 11:12 PM   #11
Heartnet
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (40/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaDaWolf View Post
no more soil stuff right?
Not sure, about the soil supplements, but they probably have no more substrate . I bought most of his remaining soil, as far as I know.
Heartnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 03:36 AM   #12
acitydweller
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

they had a few bags of the power sand, river stones and some other decorative rocks on the shelves. worth the trip if you can score a tank or accessories.

would it be possible for someone to pickup that 20g long for $15?
Old 07-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #13
midlife_hobbyist
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)

Is this still "ON" for tomorrow? I have no plans for the first half of the day & may make the hour and half drive to score an ADA tank....Any idea what's left?
midlife_hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #14
shloken38
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I left them a message 1/2 hour ago. Waiting for them to get back to me.
2.5 Gallon - Pea Puffer
Old 07-05-2013, 05:17 PM   #15
acitydweller
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

there were at least 8 tanks empty tanks on the floor and 5 full setups that i can recall. There were some very nice texas driftwood, a variety of scaping rocks, ferts, random other accessories.

Steel, wooden and glass aquarium stands and racks are available. There were 2 and a half tanks full of plants in the back.

I'd like to ask if someone would mind picking up two of those 4 way airline splitter valves for me. i had held on to them but put them back at the last minute as i was getting a few other items that were adding up. and perhaps a few of those Glass cubes which are the size of a large coffee mug, all available in the rear plant room. They would be great for me setting up a wabikusa or two at the office.

Have fun all and hope to see you guys score big there~!