Tank and Misc Equipment for sale - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > New York

Old 06-27-2013, 03:27 PM   #16
core212
Planted Member

PTrader: (5/100%)

It can take you a good 8 hours driving from NYC to Buffalo, NY so why not allow us to post the option to ship if we want it? I understand that the site has its policies but this isn't a very ideal one IMO. We are technically "local" because we're in the same state...

Last edited by core212; 06-27-2013 at 03:32 PM.. Reason: text
core212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2013, 03:34 PM   #17
shloken38
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)

I don't think people realize how big NY is. You can actually get to Boston faster than you can get to Buffalo from NYC. Oh well....weird policy, but what can you do?
2.5 Gallon - Pea Puffer
5.5 Gallon - RCS, Ghost Shrimp, Ember Tetras, Sparkling Gouramis, Bumble Bee Gobies
10 Gallon - Pure Black Bar Endlers
29 Gallon - Planted Community - Cherry Barbs, Neon Tetras, Various Cory Cats, Albino Bristlenose Pleco
shloken38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:39 PM   #18
somewhatshocked
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (423/100%)

I'll say it again: There is no shipping in the local forums. This is not open for discussion.

If you want to ship something, list it in the For Sale section.

Listing items with shipping in the local forums subverts our set limits. General members receive one thread per 30 days in the For Sale section. Members can pay for other levels of membership if they want more threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by core212 View Post
It can take you a good 8 hours driving from NYC to Buffalo, NY so why not allow us to post the option to ship if we want it? I understand that the site has its policies but this isn't a very ideal one IMO. We are technically "local" because we're in the same state...
somewhatshocked is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:11 PM   #19
Hardy85
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/100%)

yea the drive sucks, I'll be out towards NYC for the 4th of july but not looking forward to the trip there and back.

What do you guys think a fair "bottom" line on a sale on craiglist for the set up should be

I am asking $200 for everything on craigslist, but figured I'll get lower offers, what do you think I should set the "absolute lowest" price at
Hardy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:29 AM   #20
Xavier10
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

For all that's sounds fair. Nothing less that 125 I'm guessing.
Xavier10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:33 AM   #21
Xavier10
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

I wonder could we just advertise out post in the local forum to tell people to go to the for sale one. Because up until today I didn't know that part of the forum existed.
Xavier10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:23 AM   #22
RWaters
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (5/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier10 View Post
I wonder could we just advertise out post in the local forum to tell people to go to the for sale one. Because up until today I didn't know that part of the forum existed.

Ha! I'm not surprised you didn't know it existed. Quite frankly, the NY local forum is one of the most active local forums and it's turned it into a mini forum within the forum. Just look at the thread titles - there's For Sale, RAOK, General Chat, questions about fish, plants, shrimp and aquascaping. Almost any section you'll see on the main forum can be found in threads on the NY forum. I think some of that has changed recently because there's a NYC group that's active on Facebook. I'm not on it myself, but I suspect that the general discussions that used to appear so frequently here are being discussed there or elsewhere.
RWaters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:30 AM   #23
acitydweller
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

PTrader: (174/100%)

you guys havent seen the mississipi or montana subforums, where there's only like 7 threads and no one responds for years.

My favorites are vermont and south dakota where you hear *crickets* going into those forums.

and lets not forget west virginia... or did they? LOL
Old 06-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #24
Hardy85
Planted Tank Obsessed

yea but you guys are all downstate!!!!! grrrrrr. All those awesome deals and RAOK.... so not fair lol
Old 06-28-2013, 06:01 PM   #25
shloken38
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)

Yeah, that's tough for you, Hardy. NY is HUGE! I live in NJ, but I'm right outside the Lincoln Tunnel, so NYC is local for me. Actually, NYC should have it's own local forum separate from the NY State one! I've been to one swap so far, and I think the turnout was over 20 people. And that was when it was freezing outside!!
2.5 Gallon - Pea Puffer
5.5 Gallon - RCS, Ghost Shrimp, Ember Tetras, Sparkling Gouramis, Bumble Bee Gobies
10 Gallon - Pure Black Bar Endlers
29 Gallon - Planted Community - Cherry Barbs, Neon Tetras, Various Cory Cats, Albino Bristlenose Pleco
shloken38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #26
Hardy85
Planted Tank Obsessed

not fair. I think there is like 5-10 local guys for me on here... maybe (only know of 1 guaranteed)