Newbie 6-gallon Edge Iwagumi-esque - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 06-21-2013, 02:04 AM   #16
mot
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (18/100%)

Awesome work. Outstanding for a first scape. You may want to use some of the extra rock to wall the sand/soil border to prevent mixing. Small pebble sized rock will do the trick.
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2013, 02:43 AM   #17
dacrax07
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Nice looking tank! Have you considered adding shrimp? Maybe some rcs?
Old 06-27-2013, 09:51 PM   #18
Icarus5
Algae Grower

Default Week 1

At week 1, plants are doing well. I'm seeing a lot of growth, but there is one small patch of HC that is a bit yellow. Not sure if that means I need to start adding more fertilizer to the misting water.

I also received the glass intake tube. I was a bit alarmed when I initially retrieved it from my mailbox, because it's just in a standard envelope that looked badly beaten up, and the contents felt like it was just wrapped in one layer of bubble wrap! However, when I opened up the envelope, I realized that the glass tube was slipped into a piece of PVC pipe, then wrapped in bubble wrap...pretty sturdy and ingenious way of shipping it securely. the tube itself looks exactly like a test tube, but clearly he has some machinery to cut the slots that allow it to suck in water. Very clever. Installing was easy, but it cracked the plastic connector a bit. Whereas the original plastic intake tube connects to the other piece from the outside, the glass tube fits inside the connector (if that makes sense). I didn't apply much pressure, but it cracked the adjoining plastic. I don't think this crack will continue up the rest of the plastic, but I may need to order a replacement piece just in case. In the picture, you'll have to look pretty closely to see the small crack in the plastic. Overall, I'm happy with how transparent it looks in the backdrop. It blends in way better than the smokey gray plastic intake tube, and I feel that once I flood it with water, it will be nearly invisible. I'm a little worried that somehow the glass tube will eventually disconnect from the plastic intake and hit the adjacent rock and crack since it's only held in there by pressure. Before I received it, I was thinking that I may get some kind of silicone gasket to make a more secure seal, but now I know that there's not any tolerance in there for anything like that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	L1000770.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	165881  

Name:	L1000771.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	165889  

Name:	L1000772.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	165897  

Icarus5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2013, 02:39 AM   #19
Psittac
Algae Grower

update!
Psittac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.