Stocking suggestions
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Fish

Old 06-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #1
Aymo
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Stocking suggestions

Hi folks,

I'm looking for stocking suggestions. Here's my tank info. I follow the 1cm of fish per liter of water rule.

96 liters
heavily planted
filter+heater (I bought my equipment used, so I don't know all the tech details)
23 Ember tetras (max size 2cm each)
7 Panda corydoras (max size 5cm each)
roughly 23,000,000 pond snails

The embers tend to hang out much lower in the tank than I expected, and with that plus the cories, pretty much all the action is on the bottom. It would just be nice to have something in the top portion. I've got roughly 15 cm left of "fish space" that I can add.

I'm not interested in overstocking, and I don't HAVE to have a new fish right now. I just think aesthetically it would be a little nicer. I absolutely love my ember tetras, and seeing them school a bit more thanks to a new fish in the tank would also be cool.

I really love the Pearl Gouramis (12 cm, just one obviously), but that fish is so huge next to my embers that it might look kind of weird and off balance.
Anyone have fish suggestions?
Aymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2013, 01:02 PM   #2
Neevie
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

I don't think it would look off balance with the one larger fish. I usually like to keep a pair of larger fish with a type of schooling fish in my tanks. If you want another schooling fish though I think thread fin rainbows would look nice. They stay near the top and wouldn't take away from the red color of the tetras. You'd only be able to fit about 5 of them.
Neevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:51 PM   #3
Aymo
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

This is the first time I've heard of the Threadfin Rainbow, and from what I'm reading right now I love it! Thanks for the suggestion! Though five is a small school, I think they would be fine in my SUPER peaceful tank. The embers and the corydoras even mingle together without a second thought.
Aymo is offline   Reply With Quote