Bellingham Fish
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Washington

Old 04-18-2013, 10:57 PM   #1
whipif
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Bellingham Fish

Clarks Feed and Seed in Bellingham Washington is the best fish store I have ever seen. They have the best variety of both freshwater and saltwater fish and all come from reputable breeders. I get all my fish from them and get complemented all the time on my "rare" fish. And when I say rare I mean you can't find them at most stores.

Last edited by whipif; 04-19-2013 at 12:43 AM.. Reason: needed to ad a picture
whipif is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2013, 07:10 PM   #2
Goon
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
Default Conway fish store

Hey have you ever checked out Conway Tropical Fish? Conway is a tiny town just a few miles south of Mount Vernon. The fish store is awesome. It looks small from the outside but is huge inside. They also have a huge selection of fresh and saltwater fish along with rare and unusual ones too. The staff is very smart and know there stuff. I highly recommend it.
Goon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2013, 03:45 AM   #3
James M
Planted Tank Obsessed

Clarks has nice tanks but it's all about bright lights and supplements with them. Mention "Walstad" and you'll get a blank stare.
James M is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2013, 03:48 AM   #4
James M
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goon View Post
Hey have you ever checked out Conway Tropical Fish? Conway is a tiny town just a few miles south of Mount Vernon. The fish store is awesome. It looks small from the outside but is huge inside. They also have a huge selection of fresh and saltwater fish along with rare and unusual ones too. The staff is very smart and know there stuff. I highly recommend it.
The "staff" would be Cory, and he has moved on to open his own store, Aquarium CoOp in Edmonds. The owner is now running the store.
Edited, because I don't want to discourage anyone from giving Conway Tropical Fish a visit. Hopefully he will work things out.

Last edited by James M; 04-26-2013 at 09:26 PM.. Reason: edit
Old 04-28-2013, 04:01 AM   #5
James M
Planted Tank Obsessed

Went into Clarks again yesterday - they do have some lower light tanks and plants.
My comment above was based more on a conversation I had with one of the employees last year. It's a good store, huge selection. No they have no idea about dirted tanks, but that's a small issue over all.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:06 AM   #6
James M
Planted Tank Obsessed

OK, well just got back from Clarks. Overheard one of the store employees, an older gentlemen with grey hair, telling customer that to grow plants you need 5 watts of light per gallon.
Ugh - don't even know where to start with that. Looks like my first comment above was warranted, and then some. I resisted jumping in (normally I would have) but I was tight on time and my wife was with me.
Beware of this place. Huge selection, staff knowledge leaves something to be desired. Do your research before you get there.

Last edited by James M; 05-16-2013 at 03:39 PM.. Reason: Edit
Old 06-18-2013, 05:54 PM   #7
Goon
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

I agree with James. I have spent some time at Clarks and most of my questions the staff cant even answer. I usually end up using my phone to get on TPT.
Goon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.