Shrimp zombie - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Shrimp & Other Invertebrates

Old 06-15-2013, 05:09 AM   #16
DUKENDABEARS
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (84/100%)

I've had a " dead" shrimp crawl back up the bathroom sink drain, 2 days after being originally sent down dead/not moving. Not sure how it happened... All I can think is a clog must have kept it close to the drain hole and in water the whole time.
DUKENDABEARS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2013, 05:12 AM   #17
rah-bop
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUKENDABEARS View Post
I've had a " dead" shrimp crawl back up the bathroom sink drain, 2 days after being originally sent down dead/not moving. Not sure how it happened... All I can think is a clog must have kept it close to the drain hole and in water the whole time.
WHAT

I'm not sure how I feel about that.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:14 AM   #18
rah-bop
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael T View Post
lol this is great. A+
Old 06-15-2013, 05:51 AM   #19
shrimpzoo
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukendabears View Post
i've had a " dead" shrimp crawl back up the bathroom sink drain, 2 days after being originally sent down dead/not moving. Not sure how it happened... All i can think is a clog must have kept it close to the drain hole and in water the whole time.
always. Always. Flush.
shrimpzoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2013, 12:03 AM   #20
Indian fern
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael T View Post
Lol, that is funny
Old 06-16-2013, 06:29 AM   #21
GreyPanda

PTrader: (0/0%)

Oddly enough, I've experienced the same "zombie shrimp" phenomenon! I figured it was just something strange that I didn't understand. I'm glad you posted this.

I had a struggling CRS that seemed to be on the verge of death all day. Later that night I thought it had finally died. I gently pushed it around using long tweezers and no response. Shrimp was stiff and just floated around after being pushed. I decided to remove it and placed the "dead" CRS in a large plastic container that I use to throw water away when I do my water changes (don't have a sink near by). I forget why, but for some reason I didn't dump the container of water out that night. Lucky for me and the CRS, the next morning I was shocked to see the CRS was alive and well. Just like your story, it was swimming around the container like nothing had happened. The shrimp went on to live another healthy six or seven months more and then it really died (wasn't a real zombie shrimp and that time stayed dead).

None of the other shrimp were impacted and I couldn't find anything wrong with my tank either.
GreyPanda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.