My First 20L - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 05-28-2013, 03:19 PM   #16
drewsuf82
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (73/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bserve View Post
Cool pleco cave but isnt it a bit small?
Orig I planned on breeding them but I 've decided to leave my 55 Gallon for that in a soon to be upcoming re-scape because I want to be able to give them a bit more room to breed.

I'm going to be leaving this cave in place though and am planning on adding 1 BN Albino in here. I'm planning on having a few more plants show up for this tank and then adding 1 bn and 2 mystery snails and then I will make a final shrimp decision
drewsuf82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2013, 12:06 AM   #17
AguaTropical
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)

Any updates??

20L Rimless
40G Breeder Tank
AguaTropical is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2013, 12:28 AM   #18
cantsay39
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (14/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewsuf82 View Post
Sponge filters came in today...messing around with initial placement

wow triple sponge filters....

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
cantsay39 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2013, 05:21 AM   #19
drewsuf82
Wannabe Guru

So again I've been slacking here! Time for an update!!!!!

I added a few more plants, moved some stuff around but the general theme remains the same I also got my shrimp in there !!!! I ordered some SS Grade CRS (there's 20 in there somewhere), 3 ivory mystery snails, a canopy (just in case the snails want to breed) and an albino BN Pleco.

Here's the female ABN chillin on a cholla wood piece under the filter with the IAL leaf and one of the shrimp now

Another view of two shrimp hanging out on this side of the tank

Two CRS hanging out at the base of the Peacock moss rock (WOOT a new moss species for me )

And another of the same two as they inch their way out

Riccia (floating freely -- trying to see if I can get it to succeed as a floater in this tank) in between some pennywort, look at the root and leaf color! I can't get enough of staring into this area of the tank!

Another CRS checking out the cholla wood with attached needle leaf java fern, I've never tried this plant before and am interested to see if it will attach itself to the cholla.

Full tank shot view from the living room (please excuse my messy counters I just did tank maintenance)

And last but not least!!!! I got an ABSOLUTELY AMAZING shot of one of my new shrimps with my Galaxy S4 Camera. I couldn't believe it when I was looking at it on the computer...I'm still in shock!!!

Thanks for dropping by! As always if you have any suggestions I would love to hear them, This tank has become my favorite. I hope you enjoy it too

BTW Speedie these are some absolutely amazing shrimp! Many molted within the first 2 days of being in the tank and they have really been active happy shrimp since the first 3 or 4 days! I've seen some active shrimp but these are just wonderful!
Old 07-16-2013, 05:40 AM   #20
mjbn
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)

Nicee, hope to see some berried shrimp soon bro! I'm liking that little cave you made man. haha
mjbn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2013, 05:50 AM   #21
drewsuf82
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbn View Post
Nicee, hope to see some berried shrimp soon bro! I'm liking that little cave you made man. haha
Me too! They've been pretty active. I was really nervous the first few days when I really didn't see them come out. There's usually two or three in the cave now just hangin out. I'm so glad I came across the BN plecos they are so awesome with shrimp.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:15 AM   #22
drewsuf82
Wannabe Guru

Anyone else see that crs don't seem to attack barley?
Old 07-17-2013, 03:24 PM   #23
speedie408
ShrimpKeeprExtraordinaire

PTrader: (391/100%)

Lookin good sir!

Give em some time on the barley. They might be feeding off your biofilm in the mean time.
speedie408 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2013, 07:26 AM   #24
RedseaReefer
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via Skype™ to RedseaReefer

Really like the build! ill be following allong as i plan on doing a few shimp 20Ls soon-ish ^.^ verry nice crs where did you get them? oh i also wanted to know how much substrate you actually used? all four bags?! thanks! again it looks awesome.

Keep up the good work my friend!

ROAK Club #110

Last edited by RedseaReefer; 08-03-2013 at 07:39 AM.. Reason: more qs
RedseaReefer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #25
TankYouVeryMuch
[Shrimpoholic]

PTrader: (27/100%)

Cough.

Update time

Great start, love the pyramid of filters
TankYouVeryMuch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2013, 05:01 AM   #26
drewsuf82
Wannabe Guru

So I got some shots of the shrimp tonight I've had a small hatch and once my phone cooperates with the youtube app I'll be posting a video.

Tank shots to come soon, I need to do a bit of trimming/reattaching in the tank before I do some shots, but the riccia is growing well and getting trimmed about monthly

Anyway here's some of the shrimps! As you can see they've been happy and have had at least one hatch since arriving

Here's a few enjoying some tasty veggie treat

I'm on my way! Don't eat it without me!

Some more headed towards the front of the tank Notice the runner's I'm getting as well going to replant them facing towards the front rather than towards the rocks

The big one kept pulling it away from the little ones and it was quite amazing to watch them eat tonight they literally were chasing and flipping the food and the big one did some amazing movements as well, I hope the video uploads
Old 04-28-2014, 11:00 PM   #27
drewsuf82
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedseaReefer View Post
Really like the build! ill be following allong as i plan on doing a few shimp 20Ls soon-ish ^.^ verry nice crs where did you get them? oh i also wanted to know how much substrate you actually used? all four bags?! thanks! again it looks awesome.

Keep up the good work my friend!
Took two bags, wow sorry for the super long wait time, I thought that I had answered this question

Ps update coming tonight
Old 04-28-2014, 11:34 PM   #28
drewsuf82
Wannabe Guru

Update! There's going to be a lot of pictures for this one.

So It's been a busy few months and there's been a lot of growing in going on. I'm most proud of the dwarf sag which seems to be carpeting on it's own with some creative planting here and there! I've been letting a residual amount of algae grow in the tank, namely on the filter housing and along where the gravel and glass meet, since I always see shrimp in those areas of the glass picking at it happily.

Here's the view from the front corner

The view from the other front corner, you can see my 55 and moss area in the background as well as where I sit 95% of the time when I'm home.

This is the view as you're standing in the kitchen. You can see that the dwarf sag is running along the back as well. All this started from two tiny nodes about 8 months ago

I've got some trimming work to do with some of the older leaves, plan on getting to that here at some point after finals -- however you can see how dense it's starting to become and all the runners that it's shooting out. I just trimmed the riccia so it's still refilling in....

Here you can see a CRS enjoying her time on the C. Red. I've been seeing a lot of plantlets start at the bases of these plants

If you look through the base level algae that I leave, you can see a baby CRS. Not sure how old this one is, but I've got 7 of them in here at last count -- they're really hard to catch with the camera, and tiny as you can see!

My needleleaf java fern is starting to spread out, but I'm finding that it grows at a very slow pace. Seems to be doing alright though, I just haven't seen any plantlets on it yet, anxiously waiting for it too!

And I'll leave you with another shrimp picture These guys seem to love going through the denser areas of the carpet to come back out to the sparse areas and then back through the denser areas. I noticed the babies doing this today as well.

On my list
  • Adding more CRS -- Hurry up Speedie
  • Maybe some floaters, not sure, I'm thinking about it
  • Continuing to work on the carpet
  • Updating this thread more often

Biggest thing I've learned about having a 360 viewing tank is that it's A) for some reason hard to keep clean especially the side facing the kitchen and B) remaining super vigilant on scraping the upper portions of the glass is a must

This tank gets so much attention from everyone that comes by. Much more so than any other tank I have!

Thanks for coming by and if you have any questions or suggestions, you're more than welcome to reply

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.