My wine-red dragon obsession!
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Shrimp & Other Invertebrates

Old 06-13-2013, 11:51 PM   #1
pinoyghost2
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)

My wine-red dragon obsession!

Can you tell Im obsessed with my wine
Im totally in love with this wine red baby
Never knew that the dragon gene could look so good, this one just keeps on getting better.
pinoyghost2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2013, 12:13 AM   #2
MamaJu
Planted Member

PTrader: (7/100%)

beautiful!
MamaJu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2013, 12:33 AM   #3
Jonny
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Wow that is gorgeous, it is looks like a crystal red in reverse, well maybe not reverse, but certainly reminds me of them but nicer! And wow, just went to see how must they cost in the UK.... 199 each ($300). Is that about what you paid for them?
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2013, 12:58 AM   #4
pinoyghost2
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)

Jonny, I didn't pay that for them...they were expensive to import, and I didn't know this was in the batch that I got....I just LOVE wine reds, and wanted more of them. I went in on an order direct from Taiwan. My friend went over there and talked with Aaron LI of Crimson....what transpired I do not know, he doesn't say

We ordered the shrimps, the guy shipped them overnight and this is what we got. Am I happy with what I paid (well I lost about 8 of them right off the bat) so whatever I was left with, are the hardiest of the bunch, and YES I am very happy with the quality of these shrimps....even the black BKK/Pandas are exceptional.

They seem to like my new setup tank of Amazonia and are very active crawling all over stuff which I have not had happen before, so Im thinking something is right for them in this tank.

They also eat the new shrimp food ie: Borneo wild grow, dennerle shrimp king, barley pellets etc which again I have found in the past my Taiwans did not do...so maybe these ones are a hardier bunch...who knows.

With Taiwans I have found its a hit or a miss....you either get them to grow and breed (like Speedie does) or you just keep them for a time then they slowly die off.

I will take what I can get at this point.

I LOVE this color, its vibrant, and just makes my tank sparkle....like looking at nice ripe red cherries when you see them in the supermarket...gotta have some.....mmmmhhhnnn!

BTW: I may be coming over to the UK in a little while and will be accessing my International connections for shrimps while I am there (at least 6 months) so IF I do decide to import some, I will definitely let you know....keep me posted by pm.

I have access to many of the shrimps/food that people are looking for right now here, so when I get over there, I will be setting up a business
for importing....at least that's my long term goal

I am originally from Scotland, so going to go stay in the old country for a while either this year or next. PM me with your details and I will put you on my contact list.
pinoyghost2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2013, 01:03 AM   #5
Gulfcoastguy
Planted Member

PTrader: (9/91%)

Purdy shrimp I got one last year from Nick, bought it as a WR and it turned in to a dragon when it reached adult.
Gulfcoastguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2013, 01:09 AM   #6
Big O
Raider for life

PTrader: (35/100%)

Awesome shrimpies!
I won't some
Big O is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2013, 02:36 AM   #7
Jonny
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyghost2 View Post
Jonny, I didn't pay that for them...they were expensive to import, and I didn't know this was in the batch that I got....I just LOVE wine reds, and wanted more of them. I went in on an order direct from Taiwan. My friend went over there and talked with Aaron LI of Crimson....what transpired I do not know, he doesn't say

We ordered the shrimps, the guy shipped them overnight and this is what we got. Am I happy with what I paid (well I lost about 8 of them right off the bat) so whatever I was left with, are the hardiest of the bunch, and YES I am very happy with the quality of these shrimps....even the black BKK/Pandas are exceptional.

They seem to like my new setup tank of Amazonia and are very active crawling all over stuff which I have not had happen before, so Im thinking something is right for them in this tank.

They also eat the new shrimp food ie: Borneo wild grow, dennerle shrimp king, barley pellets etc which again I have found in the past my Taiwans did not do...so maybe these ones are a hardier bunch...who knows.

With Taiwans I have found its a hit or a miss....you either get them to grow and breed (like Speedie does) or you just keep them for a time then they slowly die off.

I will take what I can get at this point.

I LOVE this color, its vibrant, and just makes my tank sparkle....like looking at nice ripe red cherries when you see them in the supermarket...gotta have some.....mmmmhhhnnn!

BTW: I may be coming over to the UK in a little while and will be accessing my International connections for shrimps while I am there (at least 6 months) so IF I do decide to import some, I will definitely let you know....keep me posted by pm.

I have access to many of the shrimps/food that people are looking for right now here, so when I get over there, I will be setting up a business
for importing....at least that's my long term goal

I am originally from Scotland, so going to go stay in the old country for a while either this year or next. PM me with your details and I will put you on my contact list.
Wow that is an amazing offer, thank-you so much. I am still very new to shrimp keeping, in fact I am just cycling my first tank that will be shrimp exclusive, so I am not sure if I could be trusted with such high calibre shrimp just yet lol

I saw those Pandas too in that shop, same price here of $300, they look equally as amazing. I love the blue on the ones they have and how it contrasts with such a deep black. Stunning looking strains they really are.

I am doing so much research at the moment with the aim of learning enough in a few months to try and jump in at the deep end with some S grade or higher (UK grade pattern) CRS. The tank is set up and cycling with Amazonia here too, the powder type.

My next step is to establish whether I can get hold of RO water locally or whether I need to invest in some equipment. The water around here is hard to very hard depending what scale you compare it to (KH 8 German Degrees -143.2 ppm GH 13 German Degrees -232.7ppm) and is also at 40ppm of Nitrate straight out the tap.

I love this hobby and straight out the park I have been drawn to shrimp over fish, I would love to get good enough to keep and hopefully breed such high calibre shrimp one day. It is a long road ahead and hopefully I can learn enough ahead of time and plan so as to avoid making mistakes.

My fathers side of the family is from Scotland, used to go on holiday as a kid, all the way up North in Brora near Tain
Jonny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2013, 04:14 AM   #8
Lexinverts
Maestro of Invertology

PTrader: (42/100%)

Very nice!

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=338362
Lexinverts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2013, 08:37 PM   #9
speedie408
ShrimpKeeprExtraordinaire

PTrader: (391/100%)

Looks great Anna. One of my FAVs.
speedie408 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.