Activity - Page 21
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Michigan

Old 05-22-2013, 06:36 PM   #301
Blackheart
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydog64 View Post
I kinda want to get some plants from Meijer I just don't trust them. The ones around me have some giant crypts that are probably worth more than they would charge me.
Buy them! Meijers always has awesome Crypts. Every plant I've had in my tank I've got at Meijers, and mine tank was just fine. Crypts, swords, ludwigia, rotala, jungle vals, etc.There was lots of snails, yes, but nothing in huge numbers.

Last edited by Blackheart; 05-22-2013 at 06:36 PM.. Reason: ....
Blackheart is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2013, 06:38 PM   #302
BarbH
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default Re: Activity

I was hoping that with involving the police since I was not getting anywhere on my own would help. But whoever took the fish is lying to both the officer and myself. If they would just hand over the fish I would happily have the report closed. Unfortunately that doesn't look like the way it will go and there is probably not much else that I can do.

Fortunately my breeder does have good business sense and part of this entire fiasco is her mistake in putting the wrong address down, but she doesn't carry all the responsibility since the address that she put down doesn't even exist, so the driver and whoever did take the fish are also responsible. It is frustrating also with the fact that these are live animals and have no idea what had happened to them.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2
BarbH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:27 PM   #303
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

Sorry Barb, That really does suck, I hope there is some sort of resolution to this for you, or closure if nothing else. Quick Idea, put up a flyer in your building offering to buy aquarium fish, and see if any of your neighbors call it

That's the best I've got, Hoping to Get my DIY co2 up and running tonight, and hopefully buying a drop checker tomorrow.

~George Orwell~

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

~Charles Darwin~
Maechael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:43 PM   #304
BarbH
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maechael View Post
Sorry Barb, That really does suck, I hope there is some sort of resolution to this for you, or closure if nothing else. Quick Idea, put up a flyer in your building offering to buy aquarium fish, and see if any of your neighbors call it

That's the best I've got, Hoping to Get my DIY co2 up and running tonight, and hopefully buying a drop checker tomorrow.
Yesterday I notified the local pet stores in town to keep an eye on someone trying to sell angelfish and left my info with the managers. At this point I figure that I will never see them or know what exactly happened to them. Both apartments have tanks one with Jack Dempseys and the other has gold fish that from how the officer described are least 6-8 inches. If they where placed in either tank they are gone. One of the things that gets me the most is that Howell is no longer the way it use to be. Still have good people living here but have unfortunately been getting more and more people in the area that cause problems. It is losing more and more of that small town quality

Old 05-24-2013, 09:51 PM   #305
Plant keeper
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbH View Post
Yesterday I notified the local pet stores in town to keep an eye on someone trying to sell angelfish and left my info with the managers. At this point I figure that I will never see them or know what exactly happened to them. Both apartments have tanks one with Jack Dempseys and the other has gold fish that from how the officer described are least 6-8 inches. If they where placed in either tank they are gone. One of the things that gets me the most is that Howell is no longer the way it use to be. Still have good people living here but have unfortunately been getting more and more people in the area that cause problems. It is losing more and more of that small town quality

sorry it hear about you losing your angelfish but There are still plenty of people in Howell that are good hearted people. I have lived here my whole life and I have never met someone who wasn't nice. I do know that lot of high school teen do like to causing trouble and it has gotten worse this year and last year. Howell is a good town.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:48 PM   #306
GMYukonon24s
Planted Tank Guru

That sucks Barb, you did all you can. To me every town/city has there good and bad. I hope that you find out what happen to the angels.

MIAPG - Come join us - Plantedtank - MI - Greatlakesaquaria
GMYukonon24s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:09 AM   #307
lullafishi
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/100%)

I'm really sorry to hear all that happened, Barb. :c
lullafishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:20 AM   #308
GMYukonon24s
Planted Tank Guru

Its nice to see that the seller stepped up like Maechael said.

MIAPG - Come join us - Plantedtank - MI - Greatlakesaquaria
GMYukonon24s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:51 AM   #309
lullafishi
Planted Tank Obsessed

In other news, I FINALLY got around to rinsing my black sand today and started toying with a hardscape featuring Lake Michigan and Lake Superior rocks. Would love everyone's thoughts!

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=341018
Old 05-26-2013, 04:15 AM   #310
BarbH
Planted Member

Updated my journal with some pictures that I had taken this week of some of my fish http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=289002 Had a couple that I felt turned out pretty well.

Old 05-28-2013, 03:33 AM   #311
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

So My 29 Gallon guppy tank is officially the tank of death in my home.
In the last month 13 guppies from adult to juvenile have mysteriously died.

Water changes make no difference, Will be doing extensive testing in the weeks to come trying to figure out what could be causing it.

Water changes have been frequent and massive as well.

~George Orwell~

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

~Charles Darwin~
Old 05-28-2013, 04:18 AM   #312
BarbH
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maechael View Post
So My 29 Gallon guppy tank is officially the tank of death in my home.
In the last month 13 guppies from adult to juvenile have mysteriously died.

Water changes make no difference, Will be doing extensive testing in the weeks to come trying to figure out what could be causing it.

Water changes have been frequent and massive as well.
Sorry to hear about the problems with the tank. Do you have any guppies in any of the other tanks, or just this one?

Old 05-28-2013, 06:05 AM   #313
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

Guppies only in the 29, and only there.
It's had various types of problems over the months, but this last month has been the worst, I added some new fish, and they seemed to have brought illness with them.
No idea what it is though, no visible issues, no ick, no fuzz, nothing.

Thinking I'll be separating the fish out, and cleaning the whole thing, filter and all.

~George Orwell~

~Charles Darwin~
Old 05-28-2013, 05:45 PM   #314
lullafishi
Planted Tank Obsessed

That sucks! :c Hopefully a complete clean and quarantine will do the trick for you.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:45 AM   #315
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

Thinking that tomorrow before work I'll be doing another 50% water change.

Maybe Saturday I'll get the opportunity to do a complete water change and cleanup.

~George Orwell~

~Charles Darwin~