An observation
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion

Old 05-25-2013, 11:50 PM   #1
rice n curry man
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)

An observation

I feel like I would enjoy this hobby more if I worked on a fishtank at my friends house and he worked on a fishtank at my house. I feel like after knowing all the areas where it needs work, I just can't chill out, sit back and enjoy my tank. Anyone feel this way?
rice n curry man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2013, 02:26 AM   #2
sacme
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

My brother has a tank and I have a tank underway, his is a 150g african tank. I like it cause I take care of it a tiny bit and get fish for it since I work at a fish store but he does most of the maintenance. I can see where youre coming from
sacme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:15 AM   #3
nofearengineer
Aquatic Vegetable

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice n curry man View Post
I feel like I would enjoy this hobby more if I worked on a fishtank at my friends house and he worked on a fishtank at my house. I feel like after knowing all the areas where it needs work, I just can't chill out, sit back and enjoy my tank. Anyone feel this way?
I understand completely! Even though I thoroughly enjoy my tank, I do tend to dwell on its shortcomings.

I suggest a really brain-draining job.

Coming home too mentally exhausted to mind minor imperfections allows you to kick back and vegetate in front of...well, your vegetation.
nofearengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:35 AM   #4
DaveK
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

I see your point, but I can't agree. I just feel that there are too many things that I want done "just right", and I wouldn't want someone else doing them on my tank. Also, if they made a major mistake and wiped out the tank, what do you say to them. As things are, at least the mistakes are my own.

I will say that sometimes people just have too many tank going at one time. Even if they are all well run, it can take a lot of time to keep up with it all. Often it's best to cut back and keep on or two tanks well, rather than have a lot that only are done fair.
DaveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:35 AM   #5
puopg
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (14/100%)

I used to feel this way until I finally decided what I wanted to do with my first tank. I am content with how it is now and I know that if I get tired, i can swap out some plants, or tear it down and restart fresh. I know that I have plenty of time and tanks in my future so even if my tank has some short comings, I look for the things i enjoy in my tank, don't focus on the negative, and realize that in the future I can make an even better scape.
puopg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:00 AM   #6
DogFish
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)

At some point I think we come to the realization that our tanks are living art that is perfect in different ways at different points in time. The main reasonI think I prefer low tech tanks is the slower growth rate once I get a tank how I like it stays that way for a while.

Enjoy them for what they are.
DogFish is offline   Reply With Quote