I Need Your Halp!
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Shrimp & Other Invertebrates

Old 05-22-2013, 07:53 PM   #1
Bercey
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)
Exclamation

I Need Your Halp!

Hey guys,

So, the last thing I added to my shrimp tank was a number of weeks ago. Everything was all fine and dandy until I noticed a hydra in my tank last night.

I stare into my tank every day and I'm amazed that it took me this long to notice I have hydra (I've read that one can only get hydra by introducing it to the tank, so I'm not sure how I've missed them for this long) .

I've removed all the hydra that I could manually, but I'm looking towards Fenbendazole to kill off any hydra that I've missed. My concern is that I have super tigers, CRS, RCS, pond snails, and assassin snails in my tank. I know I should remove the assassin snails from the tank and keep them out for a number of weeks/water changes. How about my shrimp, though? Do they need to be removed/re-housed while the tank is being treated or can I leave them in? How about shrimplets?

Also, I'm in Canada (don't know if that makes a difference), so would I be buying a solid form of the product or would it be liquid? And for dosage, it would be 0.1 gram for my 10g tank? Is there a better product/method I could use?

Sorry for all my questions, pretty big noob when it comes to this.
Bercey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2013, 12:03 AM   #2
mjbn
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (21/100%)

Dosing fenben isn't so crucial. I, along wih others, have overdosed with no issues. The shrimp sometimes eat whatever fenben hasnt dissolved and end up with white poop. Lol just be wary of any ammonia spikes. Dose, leave for 2-3 days, do a water change, mainly to prevent an ammonia spike.
mjbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:56 PM   #3
Bercey
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

Appreciate your response, mjbn!

Looking forward to getting rid of these things!

Just need supplier in Canada now. :P
Bercey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:35 PM   #4
shrimpzoo
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)

Amazon.com: Panacur C Canine Dewormer 3x1gm packet: Pet Supplies Amazon.com: Panacur C Canine Dewormer 3x1gm packet: Pet Supplies

?
shrimpzoo is online now   Reply With Quote