Pet shop sale??
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > New York

Old 05-21-2013, 07:46 AM   #1
owens81jw
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (16/100%)

Pet shop sale??

Due the term of lease finished. We sale all the fish, fish tank, fish food, medication, decoration, lighting, all live stock from fish, live coral, and all other live stock.

we sell all the live stuff for cheap at 30% to 70% OFF.

we also have 15 gallon, 20 gallon, 30 gallon, 55 gallon, 110 gallon, 125 gallon and we also have the 220 gallon tank....USED TANK FOR CHEAP...!!!

THIS OFFER ONLY LAST UNTIL END OF THIS MONTH....!!!

come and check at :

GOLDEN AQUATIC AQUARIUM
76-20 WOODSIDE AVE
ELMHURST, NY, 11373

FIRST COME..... FIRST SERVE......!!!!!

FIRST COME...... FIRST SERVE......!!!!!

FIRST COME....... FIRST SERVE.....!!!!!

Last edited by somewhatshocked; 05-21-2013 at 02:22 PM.. Reason: don't link to Craigslist
owens81jw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2013, 08:28 AM   #2
HybridHerp
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (11/100%)

the english language man....the english language lol

but in all seriousness, anyone know what kind of livestock they have or whatnot? Might be worth checking out just cause.
Mom's Spec V:http://tinyurl.com/qjt3rw2
HybridHerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:21 AM   #3
Summo
Algae Grower

PTrader: (6/100%)

http://www.yelp.com/biz/golden-aquat...arium-elmhurst
Summo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:02 AM   #4
acitydweller
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

PTrader: (174/100%)

It is the proverbial hole in the wall... they sparingly stock large species and consistently had the following...

o half the tanks in the store were empty and never cleaned after being drained. we're talking months inbetween visits to see the same dirty half plumbed tanks in the same condition.
o pair of fancy doves in a cage at the rear of the store, large tank of koi in the back.
o always a child sleeping in stroller parked immediately to the right of the front door.
o 2-3 staff usually either on the computer or watching tv.
o few shelves of meds and dry foods but nothing out of the ordinary.
o No plants.

Spoke to the owner a few times whom always offered to place "special" orders for anything of interest, while sheepishly admitting to having you buy in bulk quantities when pressed for details... it implied they had no intention of stocking the store to draw clients. IF i were to get anything live from there, it would be subject to no less than a 2 month quarantine.

Take this feedback with a grain of salt and check them out for yourself.

Last edited by acitydweller; 05-21-2013 at 10:44 AM.. Reason: sigssagasrwe
acitydweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:37 PM   #5
roycny
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default Re: Pet shop sale??

If you guys happen to go there, please let me know if they have any corals for sale. TIA.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
roycny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #6
owens81jw
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by acitydweller View Post
It is the proverbial hole in the wall... they sparingly stock large species and consistently had the following...

o half the tanks in the store were empty and never cleaned after being drained. we're talking months inbetween visits to see the same dirty half plumbed tanks in the same condition.
o pair of fancy doves in a cage at the rear of the store, large tank of koi in the back.
o always a child sleeping in stroller parked immediately to the right of the front door.
o No plants.

Spoke to the owner a few times whom always offered to place "special" orders for anything of interest, while sheepishly admitting to having you buy in bulk quantities when pressed for details... it implied they had no intention of stocking the store to draw clients. IF i were to get anything live from there, it would be subject to no less than a 2 month quarantine.

well you just saved me $10 in gas...... thanks for the review
Old 05-21-2013, 02:16 PM   #7
ivan.f
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roycny View Post
If you guys happen to go there, please let me know if they have any corals for sale. TIA.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
I'll go check it out. Maybe they might have something? Maybe..
ivan.f is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 04:42 PM   #8
CodOnMyRod
Algae Grower

PTrader: (22/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acitydweller View Post

o No plants.

I have to agree 100%. I went to this store a handful of times a few years back and observed the same conditions as stated by Al. Only thing I ever bought from them were some discus breeding cones that they had at a bargain price, but got home and bleached them for a few days before even thinking of using them. What little livestock they had each time I went was never in good shape, and the dry goods shelves were always bare. That being said, I have not been there in.over 2 years, so I don't know what the store looks like now.

Ruben
CodOnMyRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #9
ivan.f
Planted Tank Obsessed

so guys I decided to pay a visit to this place today. All I have to honestly say is this is by far one of the most horrible, disgusting, nasty and I'm cleanleigh place I have ever visit it when it comes to a pet shop. This place has no more than three to four types of ciclids tired fish and a few goldfish here and there aquariums are extremely dirty or should I just say it's something that you never want to clean yourself. I'm not overly bashing this place but there is nothing that I can do or say to you that will justify why display should be closed down with all respect to the owner. There is a few ceramic bio balls kama a few filter bags here and there a whisper filter, and fuel crappy pieces of wood that are not really driftwood it's just really crappy looking. overall if I have scored out of 10 I would give it a point 1 out of 10 if you do not believe me you can always go check out the place.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:37 PM   #10
ivan.f
Planted Tank Obsessed

sorry for the grammar I was actually using Google Voice to type of the things while I was driving. Something I would not want anyone to do a course.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:31 PM   #11
roycny
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivan.f View Post
so guys I decided to pay a visit to this place today. All I have to honestly say is this is by far one of the most horrible, disgusting, nasty and I'm cleanleigh place I have ever visit it when it comes to a pet shop. This place has no more than three to four types of ciclids tired fish and a few goldfish here and there aquariums are extremely dirty or should I just say it's something that you never want to clean yourself. I'm not overly bashing this place but there is nothing that I can do or say to you that will justify why display should be closed down with all respect to the owner. There is a few ceramic bio balls kama a few filter bags here and there a whisper filter, and fuel crappy pieces of wood that are not really driftwood it's just really crappy looking. overall if I have scored out of 10 I would give it a point 1 out of 10 if you do not believe me you can always go check out the place.
thanks. save me at least two hours. That sounds really bad, lol.
roycny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:41 PM   #12
ivan.f
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by roycny View Post
thanks. save me at least two hours. That sounds really bad, lol.
I kid you not. I went to see if they might have test kits, moss and filter and maybe a nano tank or so.. Nothing!
Old 05-21-2013, 11:35 PM   #13
owens81jw
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I'm glad I listen to acitydweller
Old 05-22-2013, 05:27 AM   #14
hobo717
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)
Default Pet shop sale??