How would you handle feeding for 12 tanks if you are vacation for a week? - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion

Old 05-14-2013, 04:48 PM   #16
njmomie
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

Agreed that fish can go without food for a week but I'd have someone come over to do a check in case there was a leak, filter problem, heater problem or a general power failure. At least you can call in help instead of coming home to dead fish.
njmomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2013, 02:23 AM   #17
Diana
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)

Fry are different in 2 ways. They must not be deprived of food. They can eat microscopic things living among the fine plant leaves.

So, fry in well planted tanks are usually fine without food for a while.
Diana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:15 PM   #18
TraceyW
Planted Member

WOW, thanks for all the great replies/ideas. There is really no one to come check on the tanks while we're gone. I'm going the extra feedings and water change route. I'm picking up timers today for my lights because I figured my plants couldn't go a week without lights and leaving them on 24/7 would have been an algae nightmare. =D I'll throw a harder type veggie bit into the pleco tank and the 2 other tanks that have snails (2 smaller apple snails in one and nerite in the other) the morning we leave.
TraceyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:24 PM   #19
stanjam
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)

I had 15 tanks at max. This was back when I had my online business. I didn't vacation, unless it was a road trip to a new fish store!
stanjam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:39 PM   #20
Steve001
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyW View Post
We'll be leaving on a Saturday morning and will be back late the following Friday.
For piece of mind you can hire a pet sitter in your area to check in on the tanks. I checked and there seem to be a number of them servicing your area.
Steve001 is offline   Reply With Quote