Sera
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Sponsors > Southern Oak Aquatics

Old 05-07-2013, 06:08 PM   #1
darkestsky
Sponsor

PTrader: (99/100%)

Sera

Just wanted to let you guys know that I can order Sera products now (excluding soils of course). They have an IMMENSE catalog of stuff and I have no plans to stock the entire line, but if you're interested in anything they make, just let me know.

The company that makes BorneoWild, Gush and Mosura just started offering Sera products as well, so it's pretty easy for me to add something to my regular orders from them (I receive a shipment every 2 months or so).

So if you want some Sera stuff, let me know and I can get you a price and ETA, etc.
To view our complete line of shrimp, fish, and planted aquarium goodies, visit our sponsor's forum at:
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/so...-oak-aquatics/
Or our website at:
http://www.southernoakaquatics.com
darkestsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2013, 06:28 PM   #2
somewhatshocked
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (428/100%)

Their testing kits (and the refill products) are my absolute favorite.

If you can carry them at a competitive price, I think you'll gain customers for them.
somewhatshocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:07 PM   #3
hedge_fund
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (94/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by somewhatshocked View Post

If you can carry them at a competitive price, I think you'll gain customers for them.
That's true. All the other cheap stuff on the market is terribly inaccurate.
hedge_fund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:16 AM   #4
OVT
Carpe Diem

PTrader: (142/100%)
Default Re: Sera

Quote:

+1

via Droid DNA Tapatalk 2
Old 05-13-2013, 03:49 AM   #5
darkestsky
Sponsor

Thumbs up

Quote:

Which tests would you most like to see? I have an order getting ready to ship to me in the next couple days that I need to replace some things on. Here's what I can get and what I can sell it for. I don't have access to many of the refill packs yet.

gH $9.95

kH $9.95

pH $8.95

nitrite $11.95

nitrate $11.95

iron $17.95

copper $12.95

magnesium $24.95

magnesium refill (3 pack) $18.95

chlorine $9.95

ammonium/ammonia $13.95

oxygen $14.95

calcium $14.95

calcium refill (3 pack) $7.95

phosphate: $13.95

silicate $19.95
To view our complete line of shrimp, fish, and planted aquarium goodies, visit our sponsor's forum at:
Or our website at:
Old 05-13-2013, 11:24 AM   #6
hedge_fund
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkestsky View Post
Which tests would you most like to see? I have an order getting ready to ship to me in the next couple days that I need to replace some things on. Here's what I can get and what I can sell it for. I don't have access to many of the refill packs yet.

gH $9.95

kH $9.95

pH $8.95

nitrite $11.95

nitrate $11.95

iron $17.95

copper $12.95

magnesium $24.95

magnesium refill (3 pack) $18.95

chlorine $9.95

ammonium/ammonia $13.95

oxygen $14.95

calcium $14.95

calcium refill (3 pack) $7.95

phosphate: $13.95

silicate $19.95
I would purchase the Nitrate one since I need it.

You should probably get the generic ones: nitrate, nitrite, ph, kh, gh, ammonia...maybe even the phosphate or copper (for the shrimpers).
Old 05-14-2013, 12:50 AM   #7
hedge_fund
Planted Tank Guru

I actually need a nitrate kit ASAP. :-)
Old 05-14-2013, 01:28 AM   #8
OVT
Carpe Diem

If it were my business I would go a bit heavy on the basics (NH3, NO2, NO3) and much lighter on the exotics.

via Droid DNA Tapatalk 2
Old 05-14-2013, 01:38 AM   #9
somewhatshocked
Obsessed? Maybe

Yep - definitely go with the basics.

pH, KH, GH, Nitrite, Nitrate, Ammonia.

The hardness kits are the ones I always turn to and try to recommend.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:57 AM   #10
SouthernCichlids
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (26/100%)

I would also be interested in the nitrate. I was looking for something more accurate for my EI dosing. That API kit is seemingly all over the place
SouthernCichlids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:59 AM   #11
OVT
Carpe Diem

The API's gH test is just wrong. If it were correct, I could walk on water.

I did not put the hardness tests on my wish list becase if that experience. They would be a lot more useful to shrimp keepers.

via Droid DNA Tapatalk 2
Old 05-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #12
darkestsky
Sponsor

Alright, thanks for the input guys. I've got the basics coming (gH, kH, pH, nitrate, nitrite, ammonia) as a test order. If these do well, I'll start getting some of the more exotic tests. They are supposed to ship in the next couple days and will arrive in 2-3 weeks.

I really appreciate all your input
Or our website at:
Old 05-15-2013, 12:09 AM   #13
somewhatshocked
Obsessed? Maybe

Make sure you promote them here in your sponsor sub-forum and target them to the shrimp keepers. Seems like you actually take advantage of your forum and could use it to hit those niche markets for newbie shrimp keepers.

Sera kits are going to be a big hit with those who grow tired of API and other less than accurate products on the market. My philosophy: why pay $7-$10 for a GH kit that's nigh impossible to read (API) and whoa inaccurate when you can spend $10 for something you know will work and is used by other experienced hobbyists (Sera)? No-brainer for me.

The large glass test tubes are an added bonus. Anyone who is reading this and plans to jump on the Sera bandwagon - get ready. You are going to be in love with those tubes. Only takes a couple swirls, no shaking, easy to clean, more sturdy. And you can store your reagent bottle inside the tube when not in use.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:42 AM   #14
hedge_fund
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkestsky View Post
Alright, thanks for the input guys. I've got the basics coming (gH, kH, pH, nitrate, nitrite, ammonia) as a test order. If these do well, I'll start getting some of the more exotic tests. They are supposed to ship in the next couple days and will arrive in 2-3 weeks.

I really appreciate all your input
You need to get rid of the free shipping from your site or people will just order one kit at a time lol
Old 05-15-2013, 02:49 AM   #15
darkestsky
Sponsor

Quote:
Make sure you promote them here in your sponsor sub-forum and target them to the shrimp keepers. Seems like you actually take advantage of your forum and could use it to hit those niche markets for newbie shrimp keepers.

Sera kits are going to be a big hit with those who grow tired of API and other less than accurate products on the market. My philosophy: why pay $7-$10 for a GH kit that's nigh impossible to read (API) and whoa inaccurate when you can spend $10 for something you know will work and is used by other experienced hobbyists (Sera)? No-brainer for me.

The large glass test tubes are an added bonus. Anyone who is reading this and plans to jump on the Sera bandwagon - get ready. You are going to be in love with those tubes. Only takes a couple swirls, no shaking, easy to clean, more sturdy. And you can store your reagent bottle inside the tube when not in use.
I'll definitely be promoting them when they come in. I don't personally have any experience with the Sera test kits, but you can bet I'm going to hijack 1 of each and try them out. I'm less than thrilled with my current collection of API tests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedge_fund View Post
You need to get rid of the free shipping from your site or people will just order one kit at a time lol
Sigh, hopefully. The reason I'm still doing free shipping on every order is a technical issue. My current shopping cart software has an issue with being able to calculate shipping correctly. It's a small, relatively new company that has a lot of great features (It's GREAT for SEO and has some other neat features, like automatically scouring the web for my competitors' prices on products I carry/import) but it was designed primarily for auto parts websites, and charges shipping each time a new product is added to a customer's cart. I have to offer free shipping for all orders or the shipping charges get out of hand quick. It's a matter of losing some money on some orders or crippling my sales.

Anyways, I'm stuck with the current free shipping scheme until they can make the changes to their software. I'm told it should be within the next month or two....

And people already abuse the free shipping deal. I would if I were the customer. But I admit, it does kind of push my buttons when I get an order for a $6 bag of Barley that ends up costing me about $9 after my cost and shipping charges lol.
Or our website at: