1g AquaScene/AquaView Trial Begins - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 12-30-2003, 03:20 PM   #16
Scorpion
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

You must hate that vcr eh?
EPC Member #27
Scorpion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2003, 03:58 PM   #17
Nordic
Planted Tank Enthusiast

It's just that I used to be quite into electronics and can appreciate the effects of condensation and moisture etc...

25 Gal. 54watt, DIY CO2 5 Angelfish, 1 male dwarf gourami + 2 females ,2 female betas, 3 albino corys, 2 pepper corys, 2 CAEs
15 gal. Dwarf gourami fry tank
10 Gal 3 variatus platies, 4 black sailfin mollies- 5 Gal guppy birth tank with dividers
5 Gal guppy frytank
1 Gal guppy frytank
40 Gal Pond with 10 female guppies, 1 male tons of fry.

On various pieces of furniture, 6 cats!
Nordic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2003, 04:06 PM   #18
wellbiz
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic
It's just that I used to be quite into electronics and can appreciate the effects of condensation and moisture etc...
And all this time I was worried about the excessive heat given off by the VCR to that little tank.... :shock:

Jason
Old 01-01-2004, 04:52 PM   #19
Zurp
Planted Member

I proudly use, "Paint Shop Pro 5", for all my quick illustrations. It is fast and has just enough features to keep me happy. Later versions of this software are slower to use and start-up. They made functions more complex to add better functionality but sacrificed speed to do this. (Just like most complex art programs.) To do something as simple as I did in minutes, other art programs would take you hours, sifting through tons of options and settings, just to get the most simple images.

I am sure you can find the old version on some download sites. It is a fully functioning trial version that never disables and has no "LOCKED" features. In other words, when you actually buy this, nothing will change except for the "REMINDER" pop-up when the program starts, and there will also be no additional artwork with the free version. This also comes with Animation shop, so you can make animated GIF's from your drawings.

http://latis.ex.ac.uk/softwaredownloads.htm
Zurp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2004, 05:26 AM   #20
tylernt
Algae Grower

Well, the plants seem to be hanging on. The Mystery Plant looks a little greener than when I bought it. Still a lot of dead matter as you can see but it's an improvement I tell ya! The Crypts appear the same, no growth, no loss. But then, I don't know how much crypts are supposed to grow in a tank with low light and no CO2 or ferts. Recently some of the tips started curling a bit, don't know what that means? Also, ignore the yellow looking leaves in the pic. They are not yellow in real life, I think it was camera flash glare.

Ammonia has been 0 all along. I think. Day 2 and Day 3 the test looked like there might be traces, but I wasn't sure, so I didn't do any water changes. After Day 4 it's been unquestionably zero.

I lost one fish. I mean, I really lost him. I don't know where he is. He disappeared one day. His dried body is not anywhere near the tank and he's not in it. If you've seen the AquaScene/View up close you know there's only one hole he could have jumped through and it's pretty small at that. Puzzling. The other fish are fine and eat well.

I purchased a normal size light socket and a normal base 7w CF made by LOA. I will upgrade eventually but I want to see what 4w will do for a month or 2. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for reading.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.