My 125 - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 04-09-2013, 02:01 AM   #16
cneal112
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Just a quick update. Here is the hardscape with water in the tank but only one light is on.

cneal112 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2013, 12:14 AM   #17
cneal112
Algae Grower

Here is a small update. I have planted most of the plants and things are looking good. The crypts have started to melt a little but one or two of them are already sending out new leaves.

I did change up the plants a little but here is a list of what is in the tank now.

Cryptocoryne Parva
Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Green'
Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Mi Oya'
Anubias Nana 'Petite'
Anubias Nana
Echinodorus ‘Tanzende Feuerfeder’
Rotala roundifolia
Rotala nanjenshan
Microsorum pteropus 'Narrow'
Microsorum pteropus

Old 05-10-2013, 03:07 PM   #18
cneal112
Algae Grower

Here is a new update.

I had a few outbreaks of Green Hair Algae because I did not have my CO2 and lighting right. I had too much light and not enough CO2 so I cleaned the algae away and increased the CO2 from 2 drops per second to 4 drops per second and the change was like night and day.

I have tons of new growth and will post some new pics this weekend but here is a list of plant growth per species.

Cryptocoryne Parva - No new growth tho it seems that it is adjusting well.

Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Green' - Has melted and is throwing up about 1-2 new leaves a week.
Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Mi Oya' - This was the first plant to really bounce back. It is growing like a weed.

Anubias Nana 'Petite' - The emersed leaves are dying but it is also shooting out a new leaf or two a week.

Anubias Nana - Throwing up a new leaf a week but still has some emersed leaves.

Echinodorus ‘Tanzende Feuerfeder’ - I am amazed with these plants. They have almost doubled in size and have gone from small rounded leaves with the total plant being about 6 inches to having nice dark greenish/reddish/brownish leaves and almost a foot in new growth. I am getting about 3 leaves a week from one plant and about 2 a week from the other.

Rotala roundifolia - Started out with lots of green but is now turning red and looking good.

Rotala nanjenshan - Very nice growth. I have noticed that the tips are starting to turn red as well.

Microsorum pteropus 'Narrow' - gone from three clumps on the center piece of wood but have now grown almost completely together and looking nice and green.

Microsorum pteropus - Truthfully no new growth. It appears to be having issues switching from emersed growth.

I want to start dosing ferts but have no idea where to begin. Any thoughts?
Old 05-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #19
cneal112
Algae Grower

Here are a few images from the right to left side of the tank. Please excuse the snail eggs and algae on the glass lol

Old 07-17-2013, 04:28 PM   #20
cneal112
Algae Grower

It has been awhile and everything is going great with the tank. Here are some current pics.

FTS

Left Corner

Left Center

Right Center

Right Corner

Also it would appear that my sword plants are really happy because I have this going on
Old 07-17-2013, 04:31 PM   #21
cneal112
Algae Grower

Right now there are only a few Oto cats but also we have been cross breeding guppies so a few(about 40) were released into the tank. Here is a pic of one of the males.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:34 PM   #22
cneal112
Algae Grower

Default Updated Pics 11/05/2013

Here are some updated pics after a good trim and water change (Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.