Flourish excel + Co2 + API Fertilizer???
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion

Old 05-08-2013, 06:00 AM   #1
umeshkolandra
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Exclamation

Flourish excel + Co2 + API Fertilizer???

hello everyone,

i posted a thread on BBA few days back and got a helpful response from people here.

as per the advice i have brought Flourish Excel and will be dozing it as per the instructions written on it (5ml per 50Gal).

I have been using pressurized Co2 in my tank around 3BPS, post some suggestions in the forum i have been keeping it around 5BPS, also i have been using API liquid fertz 5ML daily, but there hasn't been much change in BBA in my tank.

my question (am sure most all first time users also) is can i use flourish in the recommended dosing quantity along with CO2 injection and API fertz?

will this harm my fishes or should i stop the Co2 completely. also how long should i keep dozing flourish when and how much after the first dose!!

i have a 150Gal tank with fourT5 and two LEDs(equal to more than one T5 in light) after the BBA problem i only have two T5 and the two LEDs on for around 9 Hours in two sessions(morning to noon and evening to night). CO2 in only on when the lights are on. when the lights go off two airstones come on. have two eheim 2217 with spray bars not facing to the surface.

Please advice if i can use flourish in the recommended dosing quantity along with CO2 injection and API fertz?

Regards
Umesh
umeshkolandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-08-2013, 10:25 PM   #2
Darkblade48

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by umeshkolandra View Post
my question (am sure most all first time users also) is can i use flourish in the recommended dosing quantity along with CO2 injection and API fertz?
Under normal conditions, there is no need to dose Excel if you are injecting CO2.

However, since you are dealing with BBA, it may be better to spot treat the problematic areas (ensure you turn off your filters and any powerheads first).

This will kill the BBA, and by keeping your CO2 levels steady, will prevent the BBA from coming back.

Quote:
will this harm my fishes or should i stop the Co2 completely. also how long should i keep dozing flourish when and how much after the first dose!!
As mentioned, you can use Excel in the interim, while the BBA is still around.

A Primer to Pressurized CO2 and A Primer to Planted Tanks
Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
Darkblade48 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:21 AM   #3
umeshkolandra
Algae Grower

thanx anthony, but am not sure if i can spot treat the BBA as i have gloso stigma in 70% of my tank and all of them are affected by BBA, also BBA has been growing accross the tank on the substrate too!!

Regards
Umesh
Old 05-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #4
Darkblade48

In that case, I would slowly work on the BBA in sections. Dose the recommended daily amount of Excel, but spot treat BBA affected areas. Repeat until you have covered the whole of the the affected areas.

Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:16 AM   #5
umeshkolandra
Algae Grower

ok, thanx anthony will try that this weekend, also it is possible that if my KH is less than 3 then the drop checker will always stay blue instead of green?

Umesh.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:28 AM   #6
Darkblade48

Quote:
ok, thanx anthony will try that this weekend, also it is possible that if my KH is less than 3 then the drop checker will always stay blue instead of green?

Umesh.
If you are using 4 dkH reference solution in your drop checker and are injecting a good supply of CO2, then your drop checker should not remain blue all the time (unless you are not achieving full dissolution of the CO2).