|05-02-2013, 04:12 AM||#1|
Hey there guys,
First time I'm posting images of my rescaped tank.
All comments on how I could improve for future layouts are welcome but for now I'm pretty satisfied by how it looks.
Without further delay, I present you with photos before going into detail regarding the specs of the tank.
Old Tank Shot with Utricularia graminifolia & Flame moss
Trying out the New Layout
Specifications of the tank;
Tank Size: 30cm Low Iron Tank
Lights: Up Aqua Z-series LED 36cm
Filtration: Eheim 2213 with Gush inlet & outlet pipes
CO2: Pressurised with ceramic diffuser
Soil: ADA Amazonia New
Plants: Dwarf Hair Grass, Glosso, Nymphaea zenkeri green, Christmas moss, Cryptocoryne parva and 2 unidentified plants that I hope you guys could help with
Hardscape: Dragon rocks from my 2ft tank
Fertilisation Regime: EI
The plants I cant identify are the red stem plants near the middle and the tall plant near the inlet pipe
Thanks for taking the time to read
|05-05-2013, 06:38 AM||#2|
FTS Day 4
All plants growing well. Just did a 50% WC as per EI protocol.
1. Zenkeri lost 3 leaves but those weren't receiving any light anyways. But sprouted 1 new leaf.
2. Glosso growing tall. Wondering if I should trim it during my next WC. Any suggestions? If not I'll probably trim it in 2 weeks depending on vertical growth.
3. DHG all green and healthy, with only a few dead stalks.
4. No change in Parva or ludwigia.
5. Christmas moss no change but at least it isn't dying as with all my previous experience with mosses.
6. So far no visible algae, but still keeping my fingers crossed.
7. CO2, about 1-2bps
8. Added 2 horned nerite snails and a betta after the water change.
|05-08-2013, 10:42 AM||#5|
Thinking of changing the plant in the back left corner with normal hair grass though. What do you guys think. Will update again after the glosso trimming. It's grown tall. Don't know whether it's due to insufficient lights or just because I haven't trimmed them yet.
|05-19-2013, 05:27 AM||#6|
So the tank has been heading south from when it was first set up.
Having a manual regulator and nothing else made controlling my CO2 concentrations difficult. Bubble count was erratic at best. Since the previous post, I've changed quite a few things in terms of hardware and added and removed a few things.
Plant-wise, I removed the initial plant in the back left corner with Blyxa japonica.
Also planted Crypt lucens to the existing batch of C. parva. Planted more glosso to supplement the dying ones. These grew well the first week or so but was then overtaken with diatoms and hair algae and began dying as well.
Also need help with plant ID. It was bought red but started turning green. All new growth is also green. With a name to the image, I could then start providing proper care for the plant to ensure it stays red.
Plant circled in red
In response to the diatom/hair algae takeover, I raised my lights by a few inches, decreased my lighting period to 6 hours and carried out the One-Two Punch. All seems well for now but only time will tell if the glosso will rebound.
Glosso being overrun
Currently glosso is growing tall. Will start trimming again when they've rebounded.
The New Bunch of Hardware:
Purchased an Up-Aqua regulator with adjustable working pressure for use with an inline diffuser. It was important to be able to adjust the working pressure as the atomizer requires a minimum of 36 psi to function. So I set the working pressure to near 40 psi. Even then it requires a while to build enough pressure for the atomizer to function. Also removed the larger ceramic tube from the diffuser and added teflon tape to the thread of the main chamber as it would start leaking when water starts flooding the main chamber.
Brochure for A-164
I removed the larger ceramic tube and added teflon tape to the thread of the main chamber as the the chamber would leak when water seeps in with the current working pressure.
Finally got my 4dKH solution as well and now my drop checker is functional. At about 1 bps solution already turned lime green.
That's all for now.Hopefully with the changes, the diatoms won't return and things will look up for the tank.
If any mod is able to, could this thread please be moved to the Planted Nano Tanks or Tank Journal subforum.
Last edited by cephelix; 05-19-2013 at 05:29 AM.. Reason: More Info