Activity - Page 18
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Michigan

Old 05-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #256
BarbH
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Activity

Was wondering if anyone knows if Pruess in Lansing usually carries otos? Haven't made it out there yet and been having some algae growing in the tank, thanks to the south facing window in the room. Have been wanting to get some otos but wanted to make sure there was a food source before adding them. Thinking they I msu make a trip out to Lansing tomorrow if they usually do have them.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2
BarbH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #257
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

They had some when I was there, almost 2 months ago.
Best of luck finding them.

You can always call ahead to see if they do.

~George Orwell~

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

~Charles Darwin~
Maechael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:34 PM   #258
BarbH
Planted Member

Default Re: Activity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maechael View Post
They had some when I was there, almost 2 months ago.
Best of luck finding them.

You can always call ahead to see if they do.
Thanks, I will call them tomorrow to check before making the drive. Hopefully they will have some.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:43 PM   #259
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

Pm'd the number for freshwater manager to you just now.

~George Orwell~

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

~Charles Darwin~
Old 05-06-2013, 11:21 PM   #260
Plant keeper
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMYukonon24s View Post
I'm not sure what your keeping but what if you tell your mom that if you can upgrade to the 75g you'll take down 2 of your tanks. So that you'll get the larger tank you wanted and you will have a neater room with only 4 tanks.
that's not a bad idea. I have total 7 tanks but I know she would never have me get out of the hobby because then I would be a very sad/depressed person she say that to me. I keep 2 African cichlids tank and 2 community tanks. The rest of them are cichlid fry/ bn pleco fry grow out tanks.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:58 PM   #261
BarbH
Planted Member

Quote:
Pm'd the number for freshwater manager to you just now.
Thanks, gave them a call. Didn't talk to Shelby, but did find out that they don't have them right now. Might be getting some in on their next shipment ths week. Will check back later.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:04 AM   #262
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

Sounds good. never hurts to look on CL either, every once in a while someone there will surprise you with what they have available.

Wish I had some spare cash, guy up this way was selling his Shrimp rig, whole thing went for 200 bucks, 12 5gallon tanks with breeding colonies of Various neos.

Guy lost a shipment of BKKs and just gave up, ad is already gone, wish I'd been able to talk to him.

~George Orwell~

~Charles Darwin~
Old 05-07-2013, 01:04 AM   #263
Jdinh04
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (85/100%)

Hey All Michiganders!

I'm from East Lansing.

Check out www.miapg.com/forums and hopefully we can start/continue a discussion over there as well.
Jdinh04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:49 AM   #264
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

Welcome Jdinh04. Nice to see a seasoned member here.

~George Orwell~

~Charles Darwin~
Old 05-07-2013, 06:36 PM   #265
GMYukonon24s
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdinh04 View Post
Hey All Michiganders!

I'm from East Lansing.

Check out www.miapg.com/forums and hopefully we can start/continue a discussion over there as well.

How's it going John? I usually go over to that site every so often.

MIAPG - Come join us - Plantedtank - MI - Greatlakesaquaria
GMYukonon24s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:53 PM   #266
BarbH
Planted Member

It is looking like at the end of this month or the beginning of next month I will be getting my angelfish. Got in contact with the breeder that I will be getting them from and waiting for them to grow out and make sure that the quality is up to standard. Time to start saving money for these guys.

As for a non aquarium related subject, will be going to cedar point this weekend. Heading down after I get out of work Friday night, we are going to be camping down there. Chance of showers are in the forecast, hoping that they will hold off. With all the stress going on at work the past few weeks it will be nice to have something fun to do.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:12 PM   #267
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

Lucky you Barb, enjoy a well deserved vacation.

I got some Aneus cories yesterday, .99 cents each, Dotty's on saginaw in Clio.
Only one didn't make it, but that's the risk I take grabbing fish 1 day after shipping.

~George Orwell~

~Charles Darwin~
Old 05-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #268
GMYukonon24s
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbH View Post
It is looking like at the end of this month or the beginning of next month I will be getting my angelfish. Got in contact with the breeder that I will be getting them from and waiting for them to grow out and make sure that the quality is up to standard. Time to start saving money for these guys.

As for a non aquarium related subject, will be going to cedar point this weekend. Heading down after I get out of work Friday night, we are going to be camping down there. Chance of showers are in the forecast, hoping that they will hold off. With all the stress going on at work the past few weeks it will be nice to have something fun to do.

Hopefully you get no rain or very little and have fun. I plan on going up north it's about 3 hours north of me.

Quote:
Lucky you Barb, enjoy a well deserved vacation.

I got some Aneus cories yesterday, .99 cents each, Dotty's on saginaw in Clio.
Only one didn't make it, but that's the risk I take grabbing fish 1 day after shipping.

Sorry to hear about the loss, but you can't beat 99 cents for cories or any fish.

MIAPG - Come join us - Plantedtank - MI - Greatlakesaquaria
GMYukonon24s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #269
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

True that GM true that.

I think we'll be doing the return on it, just for another one.
I was just so excited about the green cories that I always see for like 4-6 bucks for only a dollar.

~George Orwell~

~Charles Darwin~
Old 05-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #270
crazydog64
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)

Man .99 for any fish is a steal, nice.
crazydog64 is offline   Reply With Quote