Anyone in kitsap county?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Washington

Old 05-10-2012, 10:47 PM   #1
Miles
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)

Anyone in kitsap county?

Just wondering if there were any TPT members on this side of the water!

-Miles
Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2012, 12:36 AM   #2
Seattle_Aquarist
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (34/100%)

Hi Miles,

There are a few of GSAS members on the Peninsula and on the Islands and at least one plant grower. I don't know if any are on TPT since most folks use alias.....lol.

-Roy

Seattle_Aquarist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:05 AM   #3
Miles
Planted Tank Obsessed

I was thinking about joining GSAS, the trouble is getting over to that side of the water. I'll hopefully get around to it this summer so I can meet up with some of those people! I'm mainly looking for someone local who has some nice exotic plants and is willing to sell them
Old 05-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #4
Seattle_Aquarist
Planted Tank Guru

Hi Miles,

A lot of our GSAS members are into planted tanks and creating biotopes. As a result, in addition to our other internationally known speakers like Ad Konings (cichlids) and Gary Lange (rainbowfish), GSAS has hosted some excellent planted aquarium speakers in the last few years including Tom Barr (The Barr Report), Karen Randall (AGA), Ghazanfar Ghori (crypts), Luis Navarro (aquascaping), and Oliver Lucanus (biotopes). Most of our speakers have graciously allowed us to video record (most recently in Blu-ray) their presentations and they are available to our members on DVD from our GSAS Library or via BitTorrent download from our website.

Exotic plants you asked? At our 'mini-auction' after the meeting last Tuesday evening there were Erios, Pogostemon (3 species including erectus and helferi), Ludwigia sp 'Red', HC, Alternanthera reineckii 'rosaefolia', Limnophila (3 species including 'mini'), Rotalas (3 or 4 species), and a multitude of others. If you want to chat plants and fish with local northwest folk (and some of our past speakers) check out 'airstone', you don't have to be a member to chat. Of course there is the GSAS Facebook page but it is pretty quiet compared to 'airstone'.

Old 05-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #5
Seattle_Aquarist
Planted Tank Guru

Hi Miles,

I was advised by some of our longer term GSAS members that up until about 2000 there used to be a Kitsap Aquarium Society. There are some references to it on Google.

Old 05-13-2012, 06:21 AM   #6
Miles
Planted Tank Obsessed

Yeah i'll for sure try to get out to one of those meetings this year, there's probably a bus from edmonds or seattle to the meeting place. I don't want to spend all that money taking my car on, I'd rather spend that on plants!

Thanks for the replies!

--Miles
Old 08-01-2012, 06:31 PM   #7
Guyver
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

I just moved to Silverdale 2 months ago. PM me!
Old 05-07-2013, 02:44 PM   #8
Erxkeel

Silverdale long time resident here! Very interested!
Erxkeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #9
Seattle_Aquarist
Planted Tank Guru

I hope you all can start up a small group or club....if there is anything I can do to help just let me know.

-Roy

Old 05-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #10
Calmia22
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

It looks like my husband and I will be moving to Kitsap county. Were looking at Poulsbo, Bremerton, or Port Orchard.
Fluval Flora Pimp #34, 40b Congo Puffer Tank,
75 Gallon High Tech
Calmia22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 06:00 PM   #11
Sonvar
Algae Grower

sorry for the late post, but I am in Kitsap. Im trying to get into shrimps and I am a novice at planted tanks, mostly limited by wife enforced budget.
If you have any plants or shrimp to sell or trade, I am interested.
Sonvar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:21 PM   #12
Guyver
Algae Grower

Sonvar, I have plants and shrimp. Let me know via PM if you'd like to meet somewhere and sell/trade.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:26 PM   #13
WalaxR
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

Just joined from Bremerton! Hello all.
WalaxR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 04:31 PM   #14
Guyver
Algae Grower

Welcome! I'm in Silverdale. What tanks do you have? Give WAFishBox a look too, they're a good local forum.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:22 PM   #15
Seattle_Aquarist
Planted Tank Guru

Hi WalaxR,

If you get a chance check out GSAS; our members are into all sorts of freshwater species, planted tanks and creating biotopes. As a result, in addition to our other internationally known speakers like Ad Konings (cichlids) and Gary Lange (rainbowfish), GSAS has hosted some excellent planted aquarium speakers in the last few years including Tom Barr (The Barr Report), Karen Randall (AGA), Ghazanfar Ghori (crypts), Luis Navarro (aquascaping), and Oliver Lucanus (biotopes). Most of our speakers have graciously allowed us to video record (most recently in Blu-ray) their presentations and they are available to our members on DVD from our GSAS Library or via BitTorrent download from our website.

Exotic plants you asked? At our 'mini-auction' after the meeting last Tuesday evening there were Erios, Pogostemon (3 species including erectus and helferi), Ludwigia sp 'Red', HC, Alternanthera reineckii 'rosaefolia', Limnophila (3 species including 'mini'), Rotalas (3 or 4 species), and a multitude of others. If you want to chat plants and fish with local northwest folk (and some of our past speakers) check out 'airstone', you don't have to be a member to chat. Of course there is the GSAS Facebook page but it is pretty quiet compared to 'airstone'.