Help me complete this setup please.... - Page 5
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 05-07-2013, 12:45 AM   #61
james0816
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (61/100%)

alright...this is getting extremely frustrating.

I retaped everything, made sure all connections are tight. Sprayed soapy water over everything and didn't notice any bubbling anywhere.

I turned on the tank and set my pressure, turned on the solenoid and set the bubble count to about (2) BPS.

I went to the gym, come home and check things...the LP guage is 0 again!!! WTH!!!

I'm really open to more advice here guys and gals. Driving me absolutely nuts!

My reg should be back this week so it looks like the temp one won't even be useful.
james0816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2013, 06:34 AM   #62
vvDO
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (8/100%)

Buy a 1/4" NPT brass plug, you can get this at Home Depot or other hardware stores. Plug your Low pressure output on the regulator, then follow Bettatail's leak test, linked here... http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=137245. Then post your results.
3+ gallon (40 x 16 x 20.5 cm) aquatic soil, low-tech
Fluval spec V (sitting in a box)
vvDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 05:29 PM   #63
james0816
Planted Tank Guru

so i got my original regulator back on friday. just now had time to test things out. once again i got everything hooked up and this time (so far...knock on simulated wood) it's all pretty much working with one exception. i'm still having issues with one particular bubble counter.

other than that, i have c02 currently going to five tanks. I'll leave it running for the most part of the day and see where we are at later this eve. If all is still well, i'll hook up the timer and be good.

I'll play around just a bit more with the trouble BC and see if I can't get it leak free.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:19 PM   #64
james0816
Planted Tank Guru

tore apart that trouble BC and flipped the gaskets. Tightened everything up once again (maybe too tight) and now gas is flowing from all 6 manifold ports. Yay me!

Friends, I think I may be able to say I have finally....FINALLY...joined the ranks of the pressurized club.

Now of course I'm still in testing phase as I'll let it run til about 2000hrs today and see what we got after that.

I hooked up one drop checker to a tank and will adjust from there.

My count is around 1 bubble every two seconds at the moment.

With these bubble counters, a should be looking at around 1-2/second right?
Old 05-19-2013, 11:18 PM   #65
Darkblade48

PTrader: (3/100%)

Bubble rate is not a good measure to determine anything. From bubble counter to bubble counter, the size of the bubbles will vary, and does not indicate how much CO2 is actually being dissolved into the water column.

A Primer to Pressurized CO2 and A Primer to Planted Tanks
Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
Darkblade48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #66
james0816
Planted Tank Guru

I don't rely on the count myself. I only inquired since I'm still waiting on some more drop checkers to arrive.

One thing I didn't plan on was check valves. DOH! Not something I had to worry about with DIY since the bottles were right next to the tanks. I went to turn on the gas this morning and all the tubes were full of water. Will be making a stop to Petsmart this evening to get some check valves.