Rainbow fish breeders
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Fish

Old 05-06-2013, 01:33 AM   #1
dprais1
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)

Rainbow fish breeders

Anyone by chance know any rainbow fish breeders whose stock did not originate from 'fish farms'
dprais1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2013, 01:46 AM   #2
devilduck
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

There's a local guy Jim Nowobielski jnoble2000@yahoo.com, who breeds rainbows and corys. He also attends the GCCA swap meets.
devilduck is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2013, 04:13 AM   #3
Imi Statue
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

Have you looked at http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...cgi?fwrainbows

The fish sold there are pretty good I have bought dwarf cichlids and others stuff before and had great luck.

There's also: http://www.rainbow-fish.org/forums/i...09549560375969 they like TPT have sales.

Bakshi references are always cool!
Imi Statue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2013, 05:39 AM   #4
dprais1
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilduck View Post
There's a local guy Jim Nowobielski jnoble2000@yahoo.com, who breeds rainbows and corys. He also attends the GCCA swap meets.

He is probably who I will go with, especially because I can drive to get them but wanted to see if there was anyone else out there
Old 05-06-2013, 05:42 AM   #5
dprais1
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imi Statue View Post
Have you looked at http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...cgi?fwrainbows

The fish sold there are pretty good I have bought dwarf cichlids and others stuff before and had great luck.

There's also: http://www.rainbow-fish.org/forums/i...09549560375969 they like TPT have sales.

Thanks, aquabid I am a little leary of as I don't know the source, some of the ads on there are just farm raised fish I believe.

rainbowfish forum does have a sales section but it is pretty weak compared to TPT and a lot are eggs
Old 05-06-2013, 05:53 AM   #6
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dprais1 View Post
Thanks, aquabid I am a little leary of as I don't know the source, some of the ads on there are just farm raised fish I believe.

rainbowfish forum does have a sales section but it is pretty weak compared to TPT and a lot are eggs

Eggs are the best bang for your buck, rainbows are not hard to raise from eggs. And you get a whole crap load more of em. Gary Lange is a member of the forum, he is responsible for the introduction of many many species of rainbowfish to the hobby. The most recent ones being one he has dubbed red lazer. They look like Praecox, but have orange between the rows of scales.

he will sell you juvies and well most of them on the rainbow forum will, all you need to do is post in the eggchange and see who replies. Its a great site.
Noahma is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2013, 10:26 AM   #7
dprais1
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
Eggs are the best bang for your buck, rainbows are not hard to raise from eggs. And you get a whole crap load more of em. Gary Lange is a member of the forum, he is responsible for the introduction of many many species of rainbowfish to the hobby. The most recent ones being one he has dubbed red lazer. They look like Praecox, but have orange between the rows of scales.

he will sell you juvies and well most of them on the rainbow forum will, all you need to do is post in the eggchange and see who replies. Its a great site.
okay, ill try to pm him. I have looked through the for sale section but it always appears as more of a wtb than for sale. differernt forum different dynamics I guess.
--red lazer a little too pricey for me
--I just don't have the desire for eggs at the moment, unless they come with sausage and toast

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.