Markos Mustard Gas Halfmoon Bettas - Page 9
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Fish

Old 05-03-2013, 03:50 AM   #121
AdamC13
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

I love the one in the middle of the last two pictures (I think its the same fish)

And @wayne I could be wrong but I BELIEVE red is a more dominant color than the mustard gas variation.
AdamC13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 04:08 AM   #122
@marko@
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (57/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Dwops
I find it so funny that many of them turned out red instead of yellow
so do i. genetically, its not possible. but nobody told the fish.
R (red) is dominant to NR (nonred - NR1 is yellow, NR2 is orange). since the parents were both yellow, they had to be NR/NR. so they dont have an R to pass to the offspring, so all the offspring should be NR/NR. but somehow there is R in their gene pool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamC13 View Post
I love the one in the middle of the last two pictures (I think its the same fish)

And @wayne I could be wrong but I BELIEVE red is a more dominant color than the mustard gas variation.
it is.
this is true. but both parents were mustard gas, so they couldnt have had red to pass on to the offspring... no clue how it happened. neither does anyone ive spoken to about it.

got a new charger for my camera, so its back in action. 3 new pics.
my amazing redblue rosetail. this guy has his tail folded and overlapping even in full flare - massive amounts of finnage on him:

and an OHM red blue. less finnage, but the lines are crisper and the colors perfect:

and a cute mustard gas HM:
Old 05-05-2013, 05:27 AM   #123
wicca27
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to wicca27

i really like the one in the bottom right corner. is it possible the red might change later on?
i have what was a really pretty opal (thats what im calling her any way) colored female you can see though her if she is in front of light and has a purple color when reflecting on the body, the her fins started getting tipped in blue and now have some red to them. think she is a marble? ill get a pic in a day or so if it would help. she is just a petsmart betta so nothing fancy
wicca27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:37 AM   #124
gabysapha
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)

Do you sell your bettas on this forum? Lovely bettas by the way. Love the updates and photos! More more more!
gabysapha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:53 AM   #125
@marko@
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicca27 View Post
i really like the one in the bottom right corner. is it possible the red might change later on?
i have what was a really pretty opal (thats what im calling her any way) colored female you can see though her if she is in front of light and has a purple color when reflecting on the body, the her fins started getting tipped in blue and now have some red to them. think she is a marble? ill get a pic in a day or so if it would help. she is just a petsmart betta so nothing fancy
no. red bettas cannot turn yellow. the red or yellow could fade to clear (in that layer) from marbling if the fish is a marble (these arent, to my knowledge), but not change between red and yellow.
opal? probably a pale bodied pastel.
may be a marble, but doesnt have to be for that. bettas colors do change a little as they age. marbling is much more drastic and rapid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabysapha View Post
Do you sell your bettas on this forum? Lovely bettas by the way. Love the updates and photos! More more more!
yes. ill post a FS thread when i start selling. but some of the fish will be sold on aquabid, and if i choose to join the IBC, ill send some to shows and auctions. but not to worry when it comes to availability. im spawning the male to female #2 in a few weeks (hopefully).
i would give more pics, but the bettas are VERY active at this stage, never sitting still, and it makes getting a good pic incredibly difficult.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:42 AM   #126
wicca27
Planted Tank Guru

thanks marko for the info. the female i have is a white bodie but a purple sheen to her in the light. i have not clue what color she would be. i thought she was white till i got her home and saw her under my lights lol.
Old 05-06-2013, 11:54 PM   #127
@marko@
Planted Tank Guru

something like this, but without the blue marbling? http://cdn.sulitstatic.com/images/20...aac5b44344.jpg
Old 05-07-2013, 12:14 AM   #128
ADJAquariums
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)

I hope you've got one for me! i'm wanting one soooo bad, now that I've seen them I want one more looking great! hope to see that FS thread soon!

Then I saw it. I saw a mom who would die for her son. A man who would kill for his wife. A boy, angry and alone. Laid out in front of him, the bad path. I saw it. And the path was a circle. Round and round. So I changed it.
-Joe (Looper 2012)
ADJAquariums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:30 AM   #129
Tinder
Algae Grower

I also can not wait! just saying, i would like a Mustard Gas but if your demand is too high, I am open to taking some of the other colorations.
Tinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:38 AM   #130
@marko@
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADJAquariums View Post
I hope you've got one for me! i'm wanting one soooo bad, now that I've seen them I want one more looking great! hope to see that FS thread soon!
few more weeks. growth is slowing down, since i really should jar a bunch of em, but no time for one more week. then they will be jarred and then growth should be explosive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinder View Post
I also can not wait! just saying, i would like a Mustard Gas but if your demand is too high, I am open to taking some of the other colorations.
itll be first come (or contact, really) first serve - except for the ones i put up on aquabid, obviously; those go to the highest bidder.
and i mentioned before that ill be spawning the same male to another female - hopefully in 2 weeks.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:55 AM   #131
aluka
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (23/96%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @marko@ View Post
so do i. genetically, its not possible. but nobody told the fish.
R (red) is dominant to NR (nonred - NR1 is yellow, NR2 is orange). since the parents were both yellow, they had to be NR/NR. so they dont have an R to pass to the offspring, so all the offspring should be NR/NR. but somehow there is R in their gene pool.

it is.
this is true. but both parents were mustard gas, so they couldnt have had red to pass on to the offspring... no clue how it happened. neither does anyone ive spoken to about it.

got a new charger for my camera, so its back in action. 3 new pics.
my amazing redblue rosetail. this guy has his tail folded and overlapping even in full flare - massive amounts of finnage on him:

and an OHM red blue. less finnage, but the lines are crisper and the colors perfect:

and a cute mustard gas HM:
mommy fish has some explaining to do, lol
aluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:01 AM   #132
wicca27
Planted Tank Guru

marko yes like that but with out the blue on the body and as the fins go the blue is on the bottom and middle clear next to the body. what is that color called marko
Old 05-07-2013, 03:45 AM   #133
@marko@
Planted Tank Guru

thats a white pastel. the pastel is from a bit of blue iridescence, which gives the powdery appearance; and explains the bluish tint.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #134
wicca27
Planted Tank Guru

cool thanks so much
Old 05-08-2013, 07:05 AM   #135
snakeskin
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)

I'm not an expert in genetics by any measure but sometimes individual colors can be controlled by several genes. Being as you don't know the lineage of the parents several generations back, its possible that there was enough of the wrong colored genes in the mix!
snakeskin is offline   Reply With Quote