Pitchures please :)
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Canada

Old 04-28-2013, 05:15 PM   #1
MarieH
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Thumbs up

Pitchures please :)

show me your canadian pride. This my 3o g planted betta garden, to house some rasbora and white clouds. foreground plants to come probably some crypts moss and hairgrass...not sure about the dwarf hairgrass. right now a blue betta splendens in and out of the plants and lovin it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG1064s.jpg (311.8 KB, 25 views)
MarieH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2013, 05:27 PM   #2
rustbucket
Planted Tank Obsessed

Very nice.

my 125 purely Canadian tank, mostly

Houses all types of good things. Congos, cories, gobies, otos and many others including worms at least until the fish dig them all up

rustbucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:20 PM   #3
MarieH
Algae Grower

Oh thats pretty, 125 gallon wow, wish I could! Wormis in there..so its a garden soil substrate? I used miracle gro organic and garden sand. Was a big mess until massive water changes, then after a few days it cleared but I was thinking big boo boo at the time lol Worms..I thought worms needed access to air and would die being submereged..like garden worms? Ottos, can`t wait for algae..my fav tiny fish.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:19 AM   #4
rustbucket
Planted Tank Obsessed

Lol, yes worms!! I have mgopm soil, but the worms are California blackworms, fully aquatic and really great for dirt tanks, plus the cory cats are spawning Blackworms are not easy to get in Canada, I ordered them straight form California, but hey anything for a natural tank

I supplement my oto cats with cucumber, or whatever veggie they like that I have on hand Though in a planted tank, there's usually algae Just not always what the otos like.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:15 PM   #5
MarieH
Algae Grower

good news is today I see a slight green haze on my glass, tho the plants are doing a great job of outperforming the algae but I think there's enough for at least 2 otos and some cucumber if not. Great. Off to the fish store.Thanks for the info. How do you add the black worms? before you fill? I could see a 90g in my future..oh no there goes the neighborhood lol.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:52 PM   #6
rustbucket
Planted Tank Obsessed

Yay! Ottos are schoolers though so three or more would be better if you want to see them out and about!

When I set up the tank, I put everything together, planted it, filled it with water added the worms then gave them a few hours to hide before re-adding the fish.
The more time alone the worms have the better, ideally I would have given them about a month alone but that was not possible since I already had the fish. However the worms are still visible in the tank, so fingers are crossed that their making a colony, if not they also have a 15 gallon dedicated to themselves with no fish to snack on them, just so I always have some around.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:56 PM   #7
MarieH
Algae Grower

Oh that`s cool. I looked up the wormies, I might try that if I can not be impatient next startup. I think the worms are a great idea. I haven`t seen too many gas bubbles, just a few at the beginning. The worms probably would help. I poke the soil with a chopstick so as not to disturb too much. I got 8 galaxies, 4 ottos good advice, and 3 cobra guppies. I found the galaxies shy but with the presence of the joyful gupps, they were all over the tank today and staring back in defiance at me. Life is grand. Where`s all the canucks at? Hockey game lol?
Old 05-16-2013, 07:02 AM   #8
Bercey
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Figured I'd join in and show my tanks. Gotta try and liven up the Canadian part of this forum. :P

Really like your guys' tanks. Always jealous of other peoples tanks. lol

The first tank is my 20g long. Just re-did it today. Was completely overrun with hair algae and BBA. Was neglected for awhile while I was studying/doing finals at school.
Houses some RCS, neon tetras, a pleco, ottos, khuli loaches, and way too many celestial pearl danios.

The second is plain 5g breeder for even more celestial pearls. lol

The third is my Fluval Edge. Used to love this tank the most, then with exams and how annoying the tank is to do absolutely anything in, its just been left to grow and do whatever it pleases. Some pygmy cories, more RCS, and a few CPD's are in here.

And, saving the best for last, my 10g shrimp tank. Have some super tigers, CRS, and some RCS in here. All the female RCS are currently berried but, nothing going on with the CRS and the super tigers are still juvies.
Bercey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 02:02 PM   #9
MarieH
Algae Grower

Really pretty.. Fluval edge is interesting. ..hmm already invested $$ shut up my brain. shrimp, cool.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #10
Momica

Send a message via Skype™ to Momica

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370615164.305997.jpg
This is my work in progress I have pearl long fin danios and my fry (not staying) in there right now not sure what else I can to for it as blue fish are hard to come by for a 21.5 gal tank. The plants will be moved to the sides. Only reason for UG filter was to look like speakers. It's so hard to find hockey decor for tanks. Every other sport but not hockey grrrr so want a zamboni I'm a newbie started in march.this is a Father's Day gift to hubby.
Momica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:42 PM   #11
MarieH
Algae Grower

I think he's going to like it. Zamboni lol. I wonder if you can make an aquarium safe model with the stuff people make 3d backgrounds with?