Who Wants a Berried Amano?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Shrimp & Other Invertebrates

Old 05-03-2013, 02:56 AM   #1
Trail_Mix
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)
Exclamation

Who Wants a Berried Amano?

Hey all, I have 10 amano shrimp in my tank. I have raised them since they were tiny. I noticed today while doing a WC that one of them was berried! It looks very impressive considering the size of the clutch. I mean amano shrimp are much bigger than most of the shrimp we keep and they have many more eggs, really cool looking!

Anyway, I know that breeding these shrimp is very complicated and most people are unsucessful, so I'm not going to bother trying. But if anyone on here is seriously interested in trying to raise the young, I'd happily give you the shrimp. PM me and we'll figure it out
Trail_Mix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2013, 04:32 AM   #2
shift
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)

If i lived closer I would totally take you up on that! so far the only ones i have successfully bread is pumpkin shrimp.. i'm working on CBS and Rillis right now

If I were you.. I would just try to keep your water parameters stable and see what happens
10G - CRS/CBS
10G - Red Rilli's
10G - Yellow shrimp
shift is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:57 AM   #3
Trail_Mix
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)

No, Amano shrimp are totally different. The eggs hatch into larvae which require brackish water and are difficult to keep alive. Then the whole process of adapting them back to freshwater and growing them to a decent size is a very long and difficult process that many people have tried and failed. Very few people have completed the entire cycle, but anyway, there is already some interest so yay! This is not like other shrimp which will just breed like crazy and hatch fully developed baby shrimp if the water parameters are right.
Trail_Mix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amano shrimp