DK's m..a..d.. d..o..-i..n..g..s........ - Page 109
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Shrimp & Other Invertebrates

Old 04-28-2013, 08:11 PM   #1621
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

So one of these Days I'm going to check in on this Thread and DK is going to have built a MegaMechaGargant and it will Fire missiles filled with Shrimp into peoples homes, and then Fire off tractor beams to reclaim the unused missile portions and the homeowners wallet as well.

Lady you, while truly an inspiration in DIY, are also a prime candidate for a trip to the loony bin, which you will then turn into a shrimp farm that produces more babies in a month than The Asian subcontinent.

In the end, DK as always, Please keep us hooked on DIY design, theory and insanity.

~George Orwell~

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

~Charles Darwin~
Maechael is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2013, 10:36 PM   #1622
DKShrimporium
Shrimp Listener

PTrader: (197/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maechael View Post
So one of these Days I'm going to check in on this Thread and DK is going to have built a MegaMechaGargant and it will Fire missiles filled with Shrimp into peoples homes, and then Fire off tractor beams to reclaim the unused missile portions and the homeowners wallet as well.

Lady you, while truly an inspiration in DIY, are also a prime candidate for a trip to the loony bin, which you will then turn into a shrimp farm that produces more babies in a month than The Asian subcontinent.

In the end, DK as always, Please keep us hooked on DIY design, theory and insanity.
With writing skill like this, you needa make yer own thread, and DK would read it!

Only thing: you fergot ultra. UltraMegaMechaGargant. Carry on.

IN OTHER NEWS:

Shrimpzone project 03

While those of you in the trades BANG your heads against the wall, gnashing yer teeth and swearing under yer breath about "lay" people, DK will show ya this. Her access hole to the system. Site of the aortic stent. Y'all take two aspirin and call me in the mornin'.

Attached Images

Old 04-29-2013, 01:43 AM   #1623
wicca27
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to wicca27

was i wrong is this going to be a DK chiller in the making? i know you said its gets warm in shrimpy land. you always keep me guessing lol. ps on a side note i will get pics this week i get a cast tomorrow woo hoo
wicca27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2013, 11:29 AM   #1624
DKShrimporium
Shrimp Listener

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicca27 View Post
was i wrong is this going to be a DK chiller in the making? i know you said its gets warm in shrimpy land. you always keep me guessing lol. ps on a side note i will get pics this week i get a cast tomorrow woo hoo
Ooooo, post a pic here, then DK can do cyber graffiti on it! Heh heh heh...

IN OTHER NEWS:

Shrimpzone project 04

We begin, making our template from the re-purposed Lexan tank lid. Thank goodness DK has a good chop saw, 'cause doing that manually in quarter inch lexan would have been tedious. With a chop saw... piece o' cake, if done carefully. DK just loves "her" chop saw...

Attached Images

Old 04-29-2013, 11:01 PM   #1625
DKShrimporium
Shrimp Listener

We interrupt Shrimpzone posts for DK's trip down humility lane: the awfulest gallery of today's T-Rex crop imaginable. Those buggers zip around! I want to pull my hair out trying to photograph them!

And of course, of about a hundred shots, the ONLY one in focus is nearly identical to a previous favorite shrimp of mine, except honest I just took this.

And, of course, I DID clean my glass, but apparently missed the BOTTOM QUARTER INCH which is where all the shrimp are when they are up close to the glass for photos.

Sigh. Y'all hafta use yer imagination to "see" how beautiful they are!

Attached Images

Old 04-29-2013, 11:13 PM   #1626
wicca27
Planted Tank Guru

i love the last pic awsome clear body and beautiful black. so want some of these darn the move. keep up the good shrimp work cast pics come later
Old 04-29-2013, 11:45 PM   #1627
sayurasem
SCAPEr

Nice shrimp!
sayurasem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2013, 12:10 AM   #1628
DKShrimporium
Shrimp Listener

Here's the previous favorite shrimp of mine. I guess they really don't look identical. This is what I LOVE about broke-blacks. They are each unique, like a gypsy vanner horse.

Attached Images

Old 04-30-2013, 03:23 AM   #1629
wicca27
Planted Tank Guru

ok draw away lol

Old 04-30-2013, 11:50 AM   #1630
DKShrimporium
Shrimp Listener

Attached Images

Old 04-30-2013, 02:45 PM   #1631
Soothing Shrimp
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (120/100%)

So that's a claw foot. Ooooooohhhhhhhhh....
Old 04-30-2013, 05:16 PM   #1632
wicca27
Planted Tank Guru

ha ha
Old 04-30-2013, 05:39 PM   #1633
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

So I vote that we start pooling Money, and have DK come by and Wonka us all some Shrimporiums of our very own? I know If I had 5 grand, I'd be going DIY and leaning on this lady for all the knowledge I could Glean before I spent a penny on something I didn't need, or even really want.

Thanks again for the inspiration DK, and the Laughs, Clawfoot.

~George Orwell~

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

~Charles Darwin~
Maechael is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2013, 11:54 PM   #1634
wicca27
Planted Tank Guru

one of these day ill have dk come help me with a shrimp room lol i still want one of her nifty nets lol
Old 05-01-2013, 01:16 AM   #1635
DKShrimporium
Shrimp Listener

And now, back to our regularly scheduled program:

Shrimpzone project 05:

So next, DK does some custom fitting of her lexan template, using a file and elbow grease.

Lexan is a good material for her purpose because it is heat and impact resistant, doesn't tend to distort, and is quite strong and durable. Plus, it was in her bins, ready for re-purposing.

The louvers, DK selected because of geometry. With them, she can use one or both, and they are square shaped, maximizing air flow per perimeter, minimizing the likelihood of whistling. She chose rather small, because she's coming right off the aorta, and there will be a lot of thrust there and little resistance, so more air flow even though the orifice is kinda small. It was a bit of a crap shoot, really, because she's doing this The Syndicate way, not the Standard way. More on that later.

Plus, they look coo-el. DK has a weakness for shiny. And "industrial suave" styling.

Attached Images

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.