Inline Temperature sensor
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > DIY

Old 04-24-2013, 02:42 PM   #1
hamato
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Inline Temperature sensor

I'm trying to reduce the amount of clutter in my next tank by running all equipment inline on a canister filter.

I'm going with a cerges reactor for co2, hydor inline heater and planning on inline autodoser & temperature sensor.

In looking for options I came across the ds18b20s that are found on the bay "mini Thermometer waterproof model temperature sensor temperature probe"

that could be paired with something like this cordgrip:

http://www.heyco.com/Liquid_Tight_Co...ight_Cordgrips

My main concern is not having any leaks of course, with a secondary concern about relying on heat shrink for waterproofing the cheap sensors in flowing water current.

I'm wondering if there is a better solution, or some premade fitting that isn't going to be crazy expensive that would be more reliable.

Also with regard to the inline dosers, I was thinking simple hose barbs on pvc tees. Perhaps even using a tee to reduce both solutions to one input line to reduce failure points. I'm using the same method for the cerges reactor co2 injection anyway. Perhaps someone has a better idea?
hamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2013, 03:39 PM   #2
mistergreen
No more Bow ties

PTrader: (13/100%)

The heyco cord grip is a good product. It'll works to stop leaks. Make sure to use it against a flat surface like the lid not the curved body. Make sure to get the right diameter for the cord too. I don't see a problem with the heat shrink waterproofing of the sensor.
mistergreen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:06 AM   #3
hamato
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergreen View Post
The heyco cord grip is a good product. It'll works to stop leaks. Make sure to use it against a flat surface like the lid not the curved body. Make sure to get the right diameter for the cord too. I don't see a problem with the heat shrink waterproofing of the sensor.
Yeah it looked like my best option. What do you mean about using a flat surface? I have to wait for the sensor to arrive on a slow boat from china to do some measurements
hamato is offline   Reply With Quote