White box photographs of a Pacific tree frog
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Photography

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-24-2013, 02:31 AM   #1
EWTC
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default White box photographs of a Pacific tree frog

Last weekend I went out to mow the lawn and happened upon this little Pacific tree frog (Pseudacris regilla). I scooped it up to save it from the mower and of course to take the opportunity to take some photos for my blog. I opted to take it into the house and photograph it in a white box. It would have been nice to have photographed it in its natural surroundings, but it wasnt likely to pose for me after being picked-up. Besides, I thought that the soft lighting of the white box would make for some nice pictures while the box itself would help contain the critter during the shoot.

Olympus OM-D E-M5; Zuiko 12-50mm /3.5-6.3 zoom and Zuiko 35mm macro; manual exposure (F11-16 @ 1/125 sec); Vivitar 283 flash and VP-1 Vari-power adapter (1/16 power); ISO: 200

Cheers,
EC
www.macrocritters.wordpress.com

treefrog white 3 sharp copyright ernie cooper 2013_filtered by ernie.cooper, on Flickr

treefrog white sharp copyright ernie cooper 2013_filtered by ernie.cooper, on Flickr
EWTC is offline   Reply With Quote