World's End - 20L - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 03-22-2013, 02:45 AM   #16
chew
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (13/100%)

I just have a marineland HOB right now. Probably worst filter made for a 20L but a powerhead does wonders. Was gonna upgrade it after I get my big tank up and running and was stuck between 2215 and 2217

Old 04-22-2013, 10:49 PM   #17
theericafish
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

I have an eheim 2213 on my 20l with an aqua clear 30(the 2213 is still being cycled). With the spray bar it came with I feel it is just the right amount of flow for my setup. Not too strong not too weak. The price was right on amazon and I feeling was a good buy. I'm keeping smaller tetras and didn't want a large amount of flow so it works out. Just a thought!
Old 04-22-2013, 11:03 PM   #18
pianofish
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (24/100%)

You could definitely go 2217 although the 2215 should be fine. Use the eheim wide rimmed outlet pipe instead of the standard spray bar. I like it a lot better. Lots of flow but more dispersed instead of being focused through teenee holes of spray pipe. I use a 2217 with that outflow in my 20 high, but I also have an inline reactor and heater so I half the flow with the quick connects and it is further reduced by the inline equipment. You should have plenty of flow though if you don't have any inline things with the 2215. And even if you do, it'll probably still be enough. You caint nevah ave too much filtration. I envy your co2 setup DIY is not nearly as cool haha
pianofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:35 PM   #19
Mumford
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/100%)
Default World's End - 20L

Quote:
Originally Posted by theericafish View Post
I have an eheim 2213 on my 20l with an aqua clear 30(the 2213 is still being cycled). With the spray bar it came with I feel it is just the right amount of flow for my setup. Not too strong not too weak. The price was right on amazon and I feeling was a good buy. I'm keeping smaller tetras and didn't want a large amount of flow so it works out. Just a thought!
I plan on smaller tetras too but I'm also thinking of having half the tank be stems, decided it needed a little extra kick since it will probably be slowed down so much with all the stems.

Might even add a small koralina

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianofish View Post
You could definitely go 2217 although the 2215 should be fine. Use the eheim wide rimmed outlet pipe instead of the standard spray bar. I like it a lot better. Lots of flow but more dispersed instead of being focused through teenee holes of spray pipe. I use a 2217 with that outflow in my 20 high, but I also have an inline reactor and heater so I half the flow with the quick connects and it is further reduced by the inline equipment. You should have plenty of flow though if you don't have any inline things with the 2215. And even if you do, it'll probably still be enough. You caint nevah ave too much filtration. I envy your co2 setup DIY is not nearly as cool haha
Any links to the pipe you're using? That sounds interesting!

No inline stuff for me just yet but maybe some day and thanks! You really outta get one. They're so much fun. And very addictive...

Just realized I never updated my plans or journal with recent purchases and changes to the original plan. Something to do on Thursday

For now you can see my new toy:

- Mumford

20 Gallon Long - Work in Progress
Mumford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:03 AM   #20
theericafish
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

My tank pretty much is half stems :x.

More current/filtration never hurts though. Just depends on the angle of the flow I guess. Right now with the spraybar setup the current runs along the front of the tank and they like to school in that area during feeding.

Either way with canister filters you can cut down the flow of a higher flow model pretty easy with a little modding. All depends on what suits your needs.

Probably referring to this.

Last edited by theericafish; 04-23-2013 at 12:10 AM.. Reason: 123
theericafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:10 AM   #21
pianofish
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (24/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theericafish View Post
My tank pretty much is half stems :x.

More current/filtration never hurts though. Just depends on the angle of the flow I guess. Right now with the spraybar setup the current runs along the front of the tank and they like to school in that area during feeding.

Either way with canister filters you can cut down the flow of a higher flow model pretty easy with a little modding. All depends on what suits your needs.

Probably referring to this.

Thats the one, its like a 15$ instant lily pipe haha!
pianofish is offline   Reply With Quote