Aquatek Mini Paintball Regulator help
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 04-22-2013, 08:24 PM   #1
do00ber
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

Aquatek Mini Paintball Regulator help

Hey guys just wondering if anyone who has one of these can help me with a problem they might have had as well..

After setting everything up, with both pressure gauges reading what they should, I plug the solenoid in, hearing the clicking sound (lets me know its on) and when I turn the needle valve, no co2 is released. I've cranked it and nothing happens. I ended up sending one back to Aquatek and they said it was a problem with the needle valve. But now that I have a second one with the same problem, I'm starting to think theres something I am missing.

Thanks for any help
do00ber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2013, 08:26 PM   #2
CPDzeke
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (4/100%)

The knob, if there is one on the Aquatek, and I'm talking about the big one, should be turned to the right so that the gas flow pressure is about 30psi.
ADA Gentleman #1
Treeless Mountain V3
CPDzeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #3
do00ber
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

Yeah the two gauges read 800psi for the tanks pressure and about 40 psi for the working pressure.
do00ber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:00 PM   #4
TwoTacoCombo
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (16/100%)

Have you opened the needle valve all the way? Tried putting just the hose in the water without a diffuser on the end to see if there are any bubbles? Could be the solenoid too. I just had to send mine back in for replacement. Solenoid wouldn't reliably close when the power was turned off. Aquatek was easy to deal with, and sent me a replacement within a couple days...
TwoTacoCombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:40 PM   #5
beedee
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTacoCombo View Post
Have you opened the needle valve all the way? Tried putting just the hose in the water without a diffuser on the end to see if there are any bubbles? Could be the solenoid too. I just had to send mine back in for replacement. Solenoid wouldn't reliably close when the power was turned off. Aquatek was easy to deal with, and sent me a replacement within a couple days...
I had this issue start about 2 months outside of my warranty period. Bummer that they don't take care of their customers after that.
Old 12-19-2013, 08:52 PM   #6
HUNTER
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)

I have this regulator and it's pretty straight up, no pressure adjustment needed except the needle valve. If it's plugged in and needle valve is open and nothing comes out, it's malfunction and get it replaced again. Unless the tank is empty, that's the only thing left.
HUNTER is online now   Reply With Quote