Evolve 4 with Aquaclear 50 sized filter media...
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 04-19-2013, 06:20 PM   #1
DefStatic
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (5/100%)

Evolve 4 with Aquaclear 50 sized filter media...

So after setting up my 30 gal at home with an Aquaclear 50, I took a closer look at the media chamber for the Aquaclear and the Evolve, and noticed they are almost the same size.

So I went to Petco today and picked up 2 sponges and the carbon insert. They did not have the biomax rings, which is why I picked up an extra sponge.

I also picked up this Fluval Nano black sponge that fits perfectly over the intake.

I stuffed the first sponge down to the bottom. Then the carbon bag on top of that. If I had the biomax rings I would have put that next, which would have put it at the water level. Instead I used another sponge. I also have the Nano Sponge placed infront of the intake.

As per standard Evolves, the water goes into the intake area into the media, then there is a spill way on top into the pump chamber.

Anyone have any thoughts? Should this setup be good? I am going to order the biomax rings online and replace the second sponge with that.

I did a 50% water change at the same time. Should I have any worries about my existing cycle? Which I still am not sure has even completed.
DefStatic is offline   Reply With Quote