taking down sorority tank any one want the girls?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Colorado

Old 04-12-2013, 01:41 AM   #1
scotty b
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

taking down sorority tank any one want the girls?

i have had a sorority tank with 5 girls in a 20h but i no longer wish to keep them , would anyone like them?
local pick up

edit: a sorority tank is a tank with multiple female bettas for those who dont know

Last edited by scotty b; 04-12-2013 at 02:10 AM.. Reason: new info
scotty b is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2013, 01:44 PM   #2
DenverTankCollector
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default Female betts

If you don't mind, I would like the ladys as a donation to the "Tanks in Schools" project. I can put one in each school tank as I make the rounds. For those that don't know, the Colorado Aquarium Society is furnishing tanks, all equipment and fish to classrooms. We are always looking for donations of fish, equipment and your time. We need mentors to help take care of the tanks, see that they are not overfed, see when a tank needs cleaning, etc. So volunteer your time, extra equipment and fish to the project. Help create the next generation of fish keepers.
Tanks: 2@100, 2@75 12@55, 5@40, 2@30, 30@29, 45@20, 10@10, auto water change system, all planted, endangered and extinct in the wild fish, many C.A.R.E.S list, lots and lots of angels and anything challenging. Currently have many Killifish (Blue Gularis & 6 other types) and growing Desert gobys. My hobby is changing water.... +koi pond, planted outdoor tanks in garden.
DenverTankCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:25 PM   #3
assasin6547
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (5/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTankCollector View Post
If you don't mind, I would like the ladys as a donation to the "Tanks in Schools" project. I can put one in each school tank as I make the rounds. For those that don't know, the Colorado Aquarium Society is furnishing tanks, all equipment and fish to classrooms. We are always looking for donations of fish, equipment and your time. We need mentors to help take care of the tanks, see that they are not overfed, see when a tank needs cleaning, etc. So volunteer your time, extra equipment and fish to the project. Help create the next generation of fish keepers.
Can high schoolers get community hours for doing stuff like that?
Old 04-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #4
xmas_one
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)

Got a little excited there from the title.
xmas_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:41 PM   #5
DenverTankCollector
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default Tanks in schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by assasin6547 View Post
Can high schoolers get community hours for doing stuff like that?
I jdon't know if they can, but we need to look into it, it would be a good project. We need "mentors" for the tanks we put in schools. So far, we are finding mentors, and then asking schools near them. Almost any school that we approach will take a tank for its science classroom. What is hard is finding people that will keep an eye on the tank and keep the water changes going and keep teachers from overfeeding.

Thanks
Tanks: 2@100, 2@75 12@55, 5@40, 2@30, 30@29, 45@20, 10@10, auto water change system, all planted, endangered and extinct in the wild fish, many C.A.R.E.S list, lots and lots of angels and anything challenging. Currently have many Killifish (Blue Gularis & 6 other types) and growing Desert gobys. My hobby is changing water.... +koi pond, planted outdoor tanks in garden.
DenverTankCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:52 PM   #6
Mojo028
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)

I would love to volunteer and donate some stuff, like decorations and soon an internal filter, i would like to know some more info on the matter and the location where this mostly take place, although i'm willing to travel.
Mojo028 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:54 PM   #7
Mojo028
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (1/100%)

I would also be interested in a Betta depending on where you're at.
Mojo028 is online now   Reply With Quote