Lighting 90g 30" tall
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Lighting

Old 04-09-2013, 05:05 PM   #1
SuperGreen
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Lighting 90g 30" tall

I just got an old Oceanic 90g 48x15x30" tall for free and need some advice on a t5ho fixture. I have found a few 48" 2 lamp fixtures out there and a 3 lamp. Basically for a low tech/low light setup would a 2 or 3 lamp t5ho fixture penetrate to the bottom or should sell this 90 and look for a shorter tank?

3x54watt Catalina solar fixture:
http://www.catalinaaquarium.com/stor...oducts_id=1638
SuperGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #2
Hoppy
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (74/100%)

An Odyssea 2 bulb T5HO light would give you good low light, at a good price. If you are willing to struggle with planting and tank maintenance with such a high tank, I would keep it. If you later find it isn't what you wanted, then you could pass the tank along to someone else, and get a more normal shaped tank.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #3
SuperGreen
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Thank you for the prompt response Hoppy. I have thought about there fixture ever since a friend recommended there website. He had purchased one there HID fixtures w/moonlight LEDs etc. I get mixed reviews on them but hey I'm willing to give it a shot at that price. I may even look into the 4 lamp fixture and rotate staggered 2 on 2 off then the other half of the light cycle I would have the other staggered 2 on, to conserve on bulb life and maybe heat etc. It would also allow for growth in the hobby if I go with a different tank with normal dimensions and/or want to move into medium lighting. Thanks for the advice Hobby!
SuperGreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lighting, tall aquarium