Consolidated Fish Farm
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Florida

Old 04-08-2013, 10:24 PM   #1
JEden8
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)

Consolidated Fish Farm

I don't know if anyone has heard about this company or not but I had my first experience with them yesterday from a couple of buddies that have bought from them multiple times. The company name is Consolidated Fish Farms over in Riverview. They are a wholesaler and their prices are typically 50% less than most local fish stores. The owner is a really cool guy and I will be doing business with him again! They are open to the public on Saturday's and Sunday's from 10-3 and here's a link to their website:

http://www.consolidatedff.com

Just wanted to share the company with everyone!

Old 04-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #2
BraveBuc
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)

Thanks! I stumbled across them a couple of months ago via an aquabid auction. I found out about the weekend shop ia email but I have not been able to make it down there yet. Will have to do so soon. Sounds like the kind of place I have been looking for.
BraveBuc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2013, 06:31 PM   #3
drewsuf82
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (72/100%)

very cool and theyre open to the public too ? awesome
drewsuf82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #4
pmcarbrey
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

They are a great group, just a tip though, you're still paying twice what wholesale runs. They cannot and will not sell wholesale to the public.
pmcarbrey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #5
drewsuf82
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (72/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcarbrey View Post
They are a great group, just a tip though, you're still paying twice what wholesale runs. They cannot and will not sell wholesale to the public.
It's still gotta be cheaper than petco/petsmart and better quality plus I'd rather support a local business rather than a national one
drewsuf82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2013, 10:01 PM   #6
difrent7
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Looks like a really awesome place might have to go sometime to at least check it out, thanks!
difrent7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2013, 04:49 AM   #7
GraphicGr8s
Pixel Prestidigitator

PTrader: (10/100%)

I was there last year for the first time. Got some angels from them. Price was about the same as Marine Aquarium at that time. Like the owner. Took the time to show me around. He was getting a load of fish in while I was there. I think most, if not all of his stuff is from the larger farms like Segrest, 5D and EkkWill.
I went back in February and they really didn't have anything. Said if I called an order in or ordered online they'd get it in. By the time you figure in your time and gas it's at best a break even situation. BTW All the angels died in a week. All that said next time I am down that way visiting my niece in Riverview I'll probably stop in.

Drew, if what I think to be true is then you're not really supporting a local guy. Segrest, and EkkWill are owned by a Venture Capital company despite all the down home folksy persona they try to keep.
If you shop the sales you can get a better deal. Swordtails are $2.00 each. To get them down to a buck each I would have had to get 100 of them. The red tail sharks are about $2 less than Nolans not sure about MAW's price.
Here's to our wives and sweethearts - may they never meet.
If you agreed with me we'd both be right.
GraphicGr8s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2013, 10:51 PM   #8
Paleboy
Algae Grower

PTrader: (5/100%)

As a LFS owner, thanks for the tip on who NOT to buy from. Any wholesaler who sells to the public is not supporting his retailers and we, in turn, should not support him. I'll just have to cross Consolidated off my list.
And, for what it's worth, Segrest Farms and all its' affiliates are privately owned.
Paleboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2013, 12:37 AM   #9
DarkWater Aquatics
Shrimp Tamer

PTrader: (5/86%)

Paleboy, you own a store in Orlando?
DarkWater Aquatics is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2013, 03:56 AM   #10
GraphicGr8s
Pixel Prestidigitator

PTrader: (10/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleboy View Post
As a LFS owner, thanks for the tip on who NOT to buy from. Any wholesaler who sells to the public is not supporting his retailers and we, in turn, should not support him. I'll just have to cross Consolidated off my list.
And, for what it's worth, Segrest Farms and all its' affiliates are privately owned.
NO! Segrest and Ekk Will are NOT privately held companies. They are owned by Merriweather Capital. As much as they like to appear down home and "folksy" they're not. Proof is in the pudding

http://www.meriwethercapital.net/activity.htm

At least with Consolidated you are supporting a local firm. From what I can tell they are privately held. So far. He buys fish from farms throughout Florida and resells them.
Here's to our wives and sweethearts - may they never meet.
If you agreed with me we'd both be right.
GraphicGr8s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.