Noah's 40B Rainbow Garden - Page 8
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 03-31-2013, 11:46 AM   #106
Idrankwhat
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Love rainbows. Great job with the setup.
Idrankwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2013, 02:19 PM   #107
Momotaro
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

PTrader: (52/100%)

Really, really nice!

Something I am sure everyone would love to have in their homes!
Old 03-31-2013, 02:23 PM   #108
Rockhoe14er
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (30/100%)

Amazing looking tank Noah very professional.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:53 PM   #109
Clavius
Algae Grower

Awesome! Love the 40B's.
Clavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:54 AM   #110
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhays79 View Post
You're fish look great, as does the tank! Love the coloration on your Bosemanis!
Thanks! I was very lucky to find such great colored bosmani. Usually the ones my preferred LFS get in stock are very washed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceF View Post
Tanks is looking great Noah.
Thanks! let me know if you want any trimmings since your only a 45 min. drive from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idrankwhat View Post
Love rainbows. Great job with the setup.
These rainbows are just the beginning of my obsession lol within the next couple years we will be moving into a bigger house and can do a 75g! There are about 15 more species of rainbow on my list to keep lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momotaro View Post
Really, really nice!

Something I am sure everyone would love to have in their homes!
Thanks!! The 36g was a great learning experience on how to care for the plants, this is my scaping experience tank. I am pretty happy with the tank this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockhoe14er View Post
Amazing looking tank Noah very professional.
Thanks, its been a while, hows it goin in VA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clavius View Post
Awesome! Love the 40B's.
The dimensions are just plain awesome on these tanks, very easy to get a nice back, mid and foreground in them.
Noahma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:41 AM   #111
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA this night keeps getting better and better. I went to go and tear down the Q tank, and well... there are Nigrans fry in the tank! lol

Sooooo very tiny, lets hope I can keep them alive, I did not have enough supplies to be ready for this.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:40 AM   #112
jahmic
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (11/100%)
Default Re: Noah's 40B Rainbow Garden

Holy growth rates Batman!!

Man this tank is looking sick. Great looking fish too, grats man...this really came together.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:23 AM   #113
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahmic View Post
Holy growth rates Batman!!

Man this tank is looking sick. Great looking fish too, grats man...this really came together.
Thanks! this is certainly the best tank I have done, and the most fun.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:25 AM   #114
CannaBrain
Planted Member

Looking wonderful! I'm wondering where you procured your stand from? I've had a 40 sitting around for a few years now that I haven't found a stand for!
CannaBrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:57 AM   #115
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannaBrain View Post
Looking wonderful! I'm wondering where you procured your stand from? I've had a 40 sitting around for a few years now that I haven't found a stand for!
The stand is an Aquatic Fundamentals stand. It is a 50/65 gal stand, and has the exact same dimensions as the 40b. Good stand, very nice quality too.

Sorry for being late posting back lol its been a crazy few weeks.

Time for a small update. I have no full tank shots at the moment. Things are pretty overgrown and not shaped well at the moment (water change night is tomorrow)
The rainbows are doing great.
The bigger bows spend the day swimming in the flow along the front of the tank and waiting for me to feed them. of course in the morning it turns into a jousting arena as the males try to woo the girls into the plants lol.

My nigrans are EVERYWHERE!!! most active bows I have had. they continue to grow, and are developing some very nice coloring. my dominant male gets a bit of red in his fins now, along with the aqua/blue coloring in his body. he likes to hang with the big males as they search the hair grass for something to eat. the sub-dominant male spends his days chilling with the girls (smart little guy)

my male bosmani is the shyest fish in the tank. He goes and hides behind the wood when someone gets near the tank he does not recognize. all you see is either a blue head, or orange tail poking out from the plants.

out of the 6 fry I found in my Q-tank three remain two look like they may be nigrans, not 100% sure though, they are growing quick which leads me to believe that more and more. The only other species it may be is Bosmani, and they grow painfully slow.

Well here are a few pics, I will try to get a FTS tomorrow after the trim and change.

Check out my Flora journal too, I did a massive re-scape on that one too. both tanks now look completely different than each other. the 40b is bright and colorful, and the flora is darker, woody and more river looking.

Old 05-17-2013, 05:55 AM   #116
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

Guess I should get off my rear and do an update.

Tanks has been doing pretty good. For some reason my ludwigia cuba is just not doing well. I have not seen a 6" wide stem since the 36g. mostly now they grow max to 2.5"-3" and most of the time I am not getting side shoots. I just cannot figure it out. My broad leaf stellatus on the other hand is finally growing well. I am getting a ton of sideshoots out of em, and the red is getting pretty strong. I have moved plants around a bit, the Cuba is now mid ground (better lighting) the stellatus is now mid ground on the right, and the red flame sword has been moved into the rock work. I pulled the pinnitafida, just never grew right. the Java fern is doing what it does best, growing slow lol. I might be in the market for a couple new species of stem to sit in the back right side just to the left of the rockwork. I just need to find that right specie.

Anywho, here are some pictures. they are mostly of the bows, which are doing GREAT. My male Herbert is still a butt head, and the Bosmani is still a little chicken. My Nigrans are starting to really color up, they are incredibly hard to capture the true colors. The night shots are taken with my Lumia 920, which takes incredible low light photos. It really is not that bright, it is quite dim, just enough light to view the tank with the lights off.

Old 05-20-2013, 05:14 AM   #117
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

Just a couple more pics.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:36 AM   #118
shawnleon
Algae Grower

Default Noah's 40B Rainbow Garden

The bows look fantastic!
shawnleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:45 AM   #119
Noahma
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnleon View Post
The bows look fantastic!
Thanks!

The Nigrans are by far my favorite rainbow. they stay smaller, are always rooting around the tank somewhere, and the color shifts on them can be amazing.

I have two female herbertaxelrodi In the Q tank now, three more weeks and they will be added to the display tank. Then on to find a good bottom fish!
Old 05-25-2013, 06:24 PM   #120
BoxxerBoyDrew
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (12/100%)

WOW!!!

Your tank has grown into a BEAUTIFUL Aquascape!!!

The Rainbows are looking AWESOME TOO!!!

I finally got my 40B stand built, or at least the structure, and I will be setting up my40B this week hopefully!!! I still can't decide on what fish I want to put into it, but seeing your 40B makes me want to go with rainbows again! Or maybe put the fish in my 55g in the 40 and do Rainbows in the 55g to give them more swimming room!

Anyway keep up the AWESOME WORK!!!
Drew
BoxxerBoyDrew is offline   Reply With Quote