New tank with ADA substrate questions - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion

Old 04-07-2013, 04:30 AM   #16
Assassynation
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

Poking would also work, I have a layer of Amazonia Powder on top of the Amazonia Regular and I to would have to poke to release the bubbles.
Assassynation is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2013, 06:38 AM   #17
Jester946
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassynation View Post
Poking would also work, I have a layer of Amazonia Powder on top of the Amazonia Regular and I to would have to poke to release the bubbles.
Why again is this necessary?
Jester946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #18
somewhatshocked
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (435/100%)

Jester: It's not necessary.

meppitech: That will depend upon the parameters of your source water and various other tank-specific parameters. Some members have Aquasoil that they've been using for years and years. On average, I've had mine last at least 3-4 years before there's any noticeable difference in buffering my RO/DI water in shrimp tanks. But that's with older products. The newer Amazonia seems to be much higher quality.

All that said, I can't imagine not having the itch to change up a tank's scape after 2-3 years. A year is about all I have in me until I want something new.
somewhatshocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:52 PM   #19
Jester946
Planted Tank Obsessed

Well, my readings finally went normal.
The ammonia at one point leeched to 5 or so, and nitrites were up at in the 3-4 range, along with nitrates. After two days, all gone.
Old 04-15-2013, 04:49 PM   #20
Jester946
Planted Tank Obsessed

And I've gone backwards. My tank isn't showing Ammonia, but it is showing 4ppm for Ammonium.

I haven't lost any fish, and water changes have nearly zero effect on the reading. I pulled all the fish anyways, the gobies were returned, and the Badi's were moved to my quarantine tank.

Funny enough? My shrimp are just fine...infact, I have more berried than ever before.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:31 AM   #21
Jester946
Planted Tank Obsessed

Still dealing with this. Still showing Ammonium, shrimp are fine, still..and eating as usual, and being active. Nitrite spiked to .50 for some reason, today was WC change anyways on the EI schedule. So I did a solid 50% WC and all is well, except for the Ammonium reading. Not sure what else to do, I have tried adding "mulm" from my other established tanks..and just waiting it out. Also added some seachem stability to hopefully help.