Where can I get Amano Shrimp?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Algae

Old 12-31-2002, 08:10 PM   #1
Steve_WI
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

I cant find them anywhere near me so I am left with shipping over the internet. I am in the planning stages of a nano tank and people say I should get Amanos. Are they worth it?

Where can I get them on the internet? How much are they?

Thanks.
Steve_WI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2002, 09:20 PM   #2
KyleT
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (5/100%)

At Florida Driftwood. I have never had any experience with amano shrimp so I can't answer any of your questions.

Florida Driftwood however has a good reputation and i have sucessfully ordered plants from the before. They are $2.95 at Florida Driftwood.
Old 01-01-2003, 08:30 AM   #3
lanstar
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Amanos are $2.00 each at:

http://www.aquariumfish.net

They have a live delivery guarantee and a flat $22.75 overnight shipping fee (1 fish or 100 fish). I bought some Amanos from them right before Christmas. All seem to be in good condition (when I can find them!). They love to hide in the thickly planted areas of the tank.

I am just getting over a hair algae problem caused mostly by my inexperience and by some filter carbon that said it was phosphate free when it wasn't. I got the Amanos to help clean up my mess.

In any event, when I can FIND the little SOB's, they are always munching away on algae threads. The amount of hair algae in my tank has gone down tremendously. How much of that is due to getting the excess phosphate out of the water and how much is due to the shrimp, I can't honestly say.

Happy New Year!

Tim
Old 01-01-2003, 09:30 AM   #4
aquaphish
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (53/98%)

I have a 40 gal planted tank that had some very well established algae and when I put 8 amano shrimp in they took care of the problem in no time at all!!!

I recommend them in any planted tank. The berst thing to do is to get them in befor you have the algae problems.

You can get them at:

http://www.azgardens.com
aquaphish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.