College station plants fs - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Texas

Old 04-02-2013, 04:30 PM   #16
bobc4d
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

I am thinking about using pool filter sand, it is what I have in my 10g with the betta.
bobc4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2013, 04:45 PM   #17
bpb
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Nice. I actually prefer the look of sand tanks and really dark substrates like Eco complete, but I was on a very tight budget. The sand looked alot better than my turface does, but once the plants fill out it won't be too noticeable, especially if the carpet fills in lol
bpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:57 PM   #18
JasterMake
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)
Default College station plants fs

Nice tank. For some reason I can't make the pic bigger. I only have an ipad so some things I just can't do. What kind of image is it.

It you ever want to split the shipping from aquariumplants.com or something let me know. I'm in the planning stages now.
JasterMake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #19
bpb
Planted Tank Enthusiast

It's just an iPhone pic. Whatever kind those are. I'll let you know if I want to do an order. What sort of planning are you doing? Just more plants, or a new tank, or what? I'd definitely like to try something different in my tank that I haven't done before but I'm not a master of plant species knowledge so I'm not sure what would grow and what wouldn't.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:09 AM   #20
JasterMake
Planted Member

I'm kind of in the same boat. I want to redo my current tank with a scape of some sort. Something with color and all new plants. I've seen some neat looking tree scapes.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_XCOzLIip0Q...PM20080507.jpg

But I like the rock themes as well.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5222/5...9867eb9e_z.jpg

I'm going to start off with some flora max black substrate to cover up the fluorite I have now.
Hopefully I can figure out what I want after I see what it looks like with black substrate.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:52 AM   #21
bpb
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I like those types of tanks as well. Most of them need co2 though. I really like the overgrown jungle look but subtly scaped mainly by bunching plant species. I won't be tearing down my tank for a redo again for some years but just replacing species one by one as I feel so inclined.

If you're redoing your substrate and are interested...I've got a bunch of mineralized topsoil left over. This stuff works like a charm, is super cheap, and a royal pain in the neck to make. I did way too much for fear of not having enough lol.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:32 AM   #22
JasterMake
Planted Member

The whole idea of dirt in my tank freaks me out. It looks like it works well but I'm not ready for that yet. I might try it out on a small tank one day
Old 04-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #23
bpb
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Definitely let me know if you wanna try it. I've done this successfully with delicate fish like blue rams, cardinal tetras, and otos with no deaths. Matter of fact the only fish deaths I've had since I started doing dirt tanks is due to predation and old age. It's pretty fool proof as long as you buy the right dirt. My only issues I'm having are a big of algae but that is due to probably having too intense of light.