Barr Internal Venturi CO2 Reactor
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > DIY

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2006, 08:21 PM   #1
Hoppy
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (75/100%)
Default Barr Internal Venturi CO2 Reactor

I just finished making a Barr Venturi reactor, per the sketch on Tom's website,
Barr Report - Venturi Design. I used a Catalina 400 powerhead, because it is cheap and about the right size. The tube is a Viewtainer Viewtainer Plastic Storage Container 2" x 6". The elbow at the outlet of the powerhead is from the lawn sprinkler area of the hardware store, an elbow going from 1/2" tube riser to 1/2" male threads, with most of the female part cut off so it fits into the viewtainer. I used a piece of a powerhead outlet deflector to make a prop to better stabilize the weight of the powerhead on top of the viewtainer, which has a soft plastic end cap. The suction cups are a hose retaining suction cup for a cannister filter hose, with the hose clips cut off, and everything is glued together with aquarium silicone sealant. I plan to use a small sponge on the inlet to avoid it plugging up with plant debris and snails. Total cost is around $30, including shipping for the viewtainer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.