Cobalt Aquatics Neo-Therm Heaters
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 04-05-2013, 05:04 AM   #1
Dx3Bash
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (8/100%)

Cobalt Aquatics Neo-Therm Heaters

Just curious if anyone has purchased and is using one of the new Cobalt Aquatics Neo-Therm heaters. They look like they are very high quality Italian made heaters with nice features. They only make them up to 100w at the moment, but will soon be coming out with a 150w and 200w. I know there are quite a few Eheim Jager fanbois here and I am not looking for a debate on how good Eheim Jagers are. I am more interested in hearing from anyone who has purchased a Cobalt Aquatics Neo-Therm heater and what your personal experience has been with it. I'm considering the 200w when it releases.

Thanks much.

http://www.cobaltaquatics.com/index....products_id=33

Attached Images

Last edited by Dx3Bash; 04-05-2013 at 05:27 AM.. Reason: Typo
Dx3Bash is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #2
somewhatshocked
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (428/100%)

I've been using them since they hit the market. First started with marine tanks, where I was pressed for space in refugiums but still needed heaters. Now using them in freshwater and couldn't be happier.

Well worth the premium price.
somewhatshocked is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 04:16 AM   #3
Dx3Bash
Planted Tank Obsessed

Thanks for the feedback. I've heard nothing but positive things about these heaters but not directly from anyone I know. I trust the folks here and was hoping there were some who has used them. They seem to have the potential to be one of the best heaters on the market. I'm just waiting for them to come out with the larger sizes (150 & 200W). I think I will pull the trigger for my upcoming Discus tank when they do.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:06 PM   #4
somewhatshocked
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (428/100%)

They're not popular here in the freshwater world yet because of their price point. And, honestly, most heaters last an extremely long time so not many have jumped on board. But I absolutely love them.

Can't imagine using anything else in a reef tank, planted tank or in a situation where I need to fit a heater into a tight space.
somewhatshocked is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:27 PM   #5
Dx3Bash
Planted Tank Obsessed

Had two of the brand new 200W Cobalt Neo-Therm heaters delivered to my door yesterday. My first reaction is these things look amazing. Their appearance and low profile make them a heater I wouldn't actually mind seeing in my tank. Not ugly like every other heater (glass tube style heaters). With that said, they are still being placed in a wet dry sump on my 120XH Discus tank. Also, they are not made of glass, but rather an unbreakable plastic composite of some type, which for me is a big plus!!! Italian made and come with a 3 year warranty. Haven't heard too many bad reviews on them other than from a few Eheim faithful that bash everything "non-Eheim" regardless if they have personal experience with the product or not.... Whoops I digressed a little. The 200W heater measures only 10 3/4" inch which allows me to easily place these two new heaters in my sump.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:59 PM   #6
MSG
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
Default We saw these Cobalt heaters at the CT Convention earlier this month.

The "operating partner" for the company Randy Parham had most of their products on display & could have answered any question/concern you may have had their heaters. It's NOT often you get to play/test out the company's products before you place an order.

The other members in our group were definitely impressed with the neo-heaters, but we already have equipment so it wasn't the top priority at the time.

Here's a few photos of that day.....

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/218...ventionsda.jpg
  • Plants were all from Gordon Richard's table. GR's plants were amazing. We weren't expecting that & had to return on Sunday to BUY MORE.
  • Meeting him & Frank Greco from FranksAquarium.com & Ms Jinkz made the convention somewhat worth attending. Frank had a nice selection of nano fish, repashy fish foods & 6 dozen Japonica amano shrimps.
  • Also should have bought some food from the YourFishStuff table on Saturday because on Sunday their assortment of dried fish foods were ABSENT.

MSG is offline   Reply With Quote