Illumina 260 5' LED by Aquaristik
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Lighting

Old 04-02-2013, 01:47 AM   #1
easttech
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Hello,

Has any research been done on the above mentioned LED fixture? I have white, both blues and the optional reds. This unit came to me when I purchased my 300 gallon deep dimension tank. It was set up for reef and I am told this is a great fixture for that purpose. Mine however is for a planted Discus tank. I assume this light has enough strength and spectrum for freshwater plants but I am trying to get a handle on the intensity setings for each of the colors as they are adjustable. I do not have a PAR meter and going back to the manufacturer asking about guidance for freshwater plants was a waste of time.

Any suggestions?

John
easttech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2013, 05:06 AM   #2
madness
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)

Holy crap.

That is quite a light fixture.

If it has the fancy controller (tons of dimming functions, dawn/dusk/etc., independent color control, etc.) then you should be able to make it work for a planted tank.

On a big tank you might worry a bit about the LED penetrating the full depth of the tank but a good reef light has way more PAR than a planted tank needs.
madness is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2013, 05:19 PM   #3
easttech
Algae Grower

Default Settings

I was hoping maybe someone could me figure out the suggested realtionship of white, blue, dark blue and reds and then I can dial in the intensity by trial and error. So for instance I can independently set each one, so white I assume would be the strongest setting for intensity so lets say I set that at 50, what realtionship(%) should the other colors be in relation to the white?
Old 04-03-2013, 09:32 AM   #4
Green_Flash
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)

That light is so so from the reviews I have read for reefs.

For that price range look at the GHL Mitras Planted, that is made for planted tanks and gets good reviews.
Green_Flash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #5
easttech
Algae Grower

Default Already have it

Not much I can do now as this is the light that came with the tank.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:07 PM   #6
Kathyy
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)

Reefcentral has a thread on that fixture. Here are a couple of pages with some PAR readings, possibly there are more posts with reading elsewhere on this very long thread.
http://s.reefcentral.com/forums/show...1943140&page=9 and http://reefcentral.com/forums/showth...llumina&page=2

You might start at about 15-20% white, add red and blue to taste and move up from there week by week.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.