Wet Thumb Aquatics
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Michigan

Old 02-12-2005, 06:50 PM   #1
FortWayneFish

PTrader: (0/0%)

Wet Thumb Aquatics

I have used these people in the past and had nothing but a GREAT experience.
Mostly African Cichlids but do have other supplies also

Wet Thumb Aquatics
52700 Base St., New Baltimore, Mich 48047
Phone (586) 725-0960 Fax (586) 725-7394
Hatchery Phone Hrs: Mon thru Fri 10 am-6 pm ET

Open to the public to visit and view our 600+ aquariums.
Visiting Times: Tues 10 am-6pm, Fri 10 am-6pm, Sat 10 am-5pm
Email: wetthumbaquatics@cs.com
websight:Wet Thumb Aquatics Websight

Last edited by FortWayneFish; 02-27-2005 at 05:33 AM.. Reason: adding websight link
FortWayneFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2005, 06:31 AM   #2
tekknoschtev
Algae Grower

They are spectacular. Have you had an opportunity to actually go there? It is utterly amazing. Whats more amazing is that this is in their backyard.

Lots of flake food choices too. My girlfriend found it a while ago, and likewise both of us have been nothing but pleased with their service.
tekknoschtev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 05:46 PM   #3
Erika
Algae Grower

I bought six Neolamprologus brevis juviniles from them and they are now big and healthy. I have two pairs, one actively breeding, three babies that grew up from good parental care. I use their prime flakes with both my brevis and angels. It encourages good color and growth, and is homemade.

They are helpful, clean, and their stock is highly impressive.
Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 03:33 PM   #4
lousybreed
Algae Grower

after searching for good fish stores in michigan, i finally found this one. Got 12 cardinals for like $15. Do you guys know of any other good LFS around Detroit?

Soon to be low-tech lush planted aquaria
lousybreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 06:45 PM   #5
wantsome
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lousybreed View Post
after searching for good fish stores in michigan, i finally found this one. Got 12 cardinals for like $15. Do you guys know of any other good LFS around Detroit?
Thiers a bunch of petstores in the area.

Ocean and Seas: 10 1/2 mile rd. and Gratiot in Roseville. Salt and fresh water. Decent selection of fish with a few plants.

Greenwoods: 9 mile rd. between Gratiot and Schenier in Eastpoint. Not to many fish but a good place for equipment.

Tropical Treasurs: South of 15 mile rd on Gratiot in Clinton twp. Ok selection of fish with plants.

Aquatic Discoveries: Located in the shopping center at 15 mile rd. and Ryan. Equipment is over priced but good selection of everything.

Kees Aquarium: Shopping center at 23 mile rd and Van Dyke. Expensive equipment but good selection of fish and plants.

Anchorbay Aquarium: South of 23 mile rd just past Wet Thumb. You'll have to look it up in the phone book for directions. Great selection of fish and plants. One of my favorite pet shops. Clean and healthy facility.

The Aquarium Shop: Main st. just south of 11 mile rd in Royal Oak. Great selection of african cichlids.

The Pet Station: Telegraph Just north of I-94 in Dearborn. Great selection of fish.

Cichlid Store: Ford rd in Garden city. Huge selection of cichlids and some (SA dwarfs) and cool drift wood.
wantsome is offline   Reply With Quote