Got these little guys -Exclamation Point Rasboras
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 04-02-2013, 03:46 AM   #1
Patson
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Talking

Got these little guys -Exclamation Point Rasboras

Got 6 of them today, they are soooo tiny...the 3 otos look like giants compared to them :P Some of them look a bit skinny but at least they are eating the dry food I fed them...perhaps I should hatch some brine shrimps or something

Snapped a few shots with my digital camera:

Patson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2013, 04:01 AM   #2
dtejeda.arias
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (5/100%)

They look awesome.
dtejeda.arias is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2013, 05:54 AM   #3
Patson
Algae Grower

Thanks! They are really tiny but the funny thing is the otos seem much less shy when these rasboras are around. All 3 otos came out in the open at the same time today while the lights are still on! (they usually only do that when the lights are off)

Fishes are amazing!!!!
Old 04-02-2013, 06:07 AM   #4
mosspearl
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (10/100%)

Oh my goodness... I want some of these so much! No one carries them around here. They'll have to wait until I feel confident enough to order fish through the mail, but they are amazing. How big are yours?
OOO Order of Ornamentaria
Member in good standing

mosspearl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2013, 12:39 PM   #5
SueD
Algae Grower

Tiny is right! I have 9 of these with 2 otos and 5 dwarf cories (hasbrosus). My LFS was trying to order chilis for me but were sent these instead. So I took them anyway and love them. I've had mine for about a month now.
SueD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #6
mnemenoi
Planted Tank Obsessed

They are very nice looking, have some Chili rasbora or otherwise I'd get some as a local dealer has them for literally nothing.... I can say they look 100% better in very low Ph. My chilis looked ok in harder water, but once it dropped below a 6.0 they popped. I bet the same is true for nearly all the Bororas family.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:08 PM   #7
GMYukonon24s
Planted Tank Guru

Beautiful fish!

MIAPG - Come join us - Plantedtank - MI - Greatlakesaquaria
GMYukonon24s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2013, 03:09 PM   #8
Patson
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosspearl View Post
Oh my goodness... I want some of these so much! No one carries them around here. They'll have to wait until I feel confident enough to order fish through the mail, but they are amazing. How big are yours?
Mine are less than half inch, (about the size of 1-month guppy fries)! They are actually more hardy than I thought. One came in not looking very well - the dealer was kind enough to give me an extra one, cause he knew that one might not make it. It was floating on top after getting into the tank, pushed by the filter outlet and went spinnnnnnnnning . I netted it up and wanted to let it go, but then I changed my mind and just hang the net in the tank corner. It actually hasn't died yet and is looking much better this morning, if it regains some strength I might release it to the tank soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueD View Post
Tiny is right! I have 9 of these with 2 otos and 5 dwarf cories (hasbrosus). My LFS was trying to order chilis for me but were sent these instead. So I took them anyway and love them. I've had mine for about a month now.
Cool! I wish I got a few more! How big are yours now??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnemenoi View Post
They are very nice looking, have some Chili rasbora or otherwise I'd get some as a local dealer has them for literally nothing.... I can say they look 100% better in very low Ph. My chilis looked ok in harder water, but once it dropped below a 6.0 they popped. I bet the same is true for nearly all the Bororas family.
sweeet! I have some very softwater and quite low pH (amazonia + driftwood + CO2), guess I just need to wait for the plants to grow in order to see the fishes' true color!
Old 04-02-2013, 09:46 PM   #9
Green_Flash
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)

Fantastic fish!
Green_Flash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.