DK's m..a..d.. d..o..-i..n..g..s........ - Page 103
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Shrimp & Other Invertebrates

Old 03-28-2013, 04:30 PM   #1531
DKShrimporium
Shrimp Listener

PTrader: (197/100%)

Wetwedding project 09

DK borrowed these yesterday. She didn't think she'd be using them until next week, but she JUST GOT WORD THE REST OF HER PARTS WILL BE ARRIVING TODAY!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

Good thing she did the main tie-in last night, and did the pressure testing.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4133.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	149.4 KB
ID:	114714  

Last edited by DKShrimporium; 04-08-2013 at 11:38 AM.. Reason: ...
DKShrimporium is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2013, 04:40 PM   #1532
Idrankwhat
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKShrimporium View Post
It's not a friction fit - it's attached to the grid on the upside, but the U channels in back keep if from hinging outward and the bottles dropping down the crack if so.

Fill the PVC with beer, put in a straw, and you can have refreshments while doing tank maintenance.
Idrankwhat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2013, 04:49 PM   #1533
Bolsen27
Algae Grower

PTrader: (14/100%)

Hey DK. I just got caught up on this thread yesterday.. I read all 102 pages (at the time) yesterday. Wow!

On another note next time you are working in tight spaces and a drill could help but you don't have room look into the right angle attachments for them. They are great! With an attachment like that you could have easily gotten a screw gun up to the pipe and drilled it out. I use them at work all the time, I am amazed at times at the places I can get to now that I have one. BORG should have them readily available, they cost around $20.

Brian
Bolsen27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2013, 01:07 AM   #1534
DKShrimporium
Shrimp Listener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idrankwhat View Post
Fill the PVC with beer, put in a straw, and you can have refreshments while doing tank maintenance.
Kegger ahead... stay tuned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolsen27 View Post
Hey DK. I just got caught up on this thread yesterday.. I read all 102 pages (at the time) yesterday. Wow!

On another note next time you are working in tight spaces and a drill could help but you don't have room look into the right angle attachments for them. They are great! With an attachment like that you could have easily gotten a screw gun up to the pipe and drilled it out. I use them at work all the time, I am amazed at times at the places I can get to now that I have one. BORG should have them readily available, they cost around $20.

Brian
Mmmmmmmmm. Another convert/addict. Very good.

Yeah, DK would love to have a right angle drill attachment. She is forcing herself to use what she has right now, though, because this project has soaked up a lot of money.

IN OTHER NEWS:

Wetwedding project 10

The goods arrived. Heh heh heh.

DK is quite tired at the moment, between hefting that 15 lb. wrench to do its job and moving around 50 lb. cinderblocks.

For some reason, she feels as though she should be displaying a crack...

Attached Images

Last edited by DKShrimporium; 04-08-2013 at 11:38 AM.. Reason: ...
Old 03-29-2013, 01:27 AM   #1535
wicca27
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to wicca27

did you have a barrel on those blocks i see a circle shape on them
wicca27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2013, 03:09 PM   #1536
DKShrimporium
Shrimp Listener

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicca27 View Post
did you have a barrel on those blocks i see a circle shape on them
Yes. Well. As it happens, I took the pictures out of order. Here is the circle. The cinder blocks were wet when I brought them in from the back yard, and put the circle on top.

Wetwedding project 11

Here is the circle.

Since we're having a wetwedding, we need a dance floor. DK's thinking maybe we'll build a little white-columned gazebo over it, and have the dance floor in the center. That would make for some great wedding photos.

Attached Images

Last edited by DKShrimporium; 04-08-2013 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: ...
Old 03-29-2013, 05:49 PM   #1537
Bolsen27
Algae Grower

PTrader: (14/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKShrimporium View Post

Mmmmmmmmm. Another convert/addict. Very good.

Yeah, DK would love to have a right angle drill attachment. She is forcing herself to use what she has right now, though, because this project has soaked up a lot of money.
DK PM me your address and then maybe the tool fairy will mail you a right angle attachment. Rumor has it that he has a few brand new ones laying around unused.
Bolsen27 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2013, 07:23 PM   #1538
DKShrimporium
Shrimp Listener

Quote:
DK PM me your address and then maybe the tool fairy will mail you a right angle attachment. Rumor has it that he has a few brand new ones laying around unused.
There's a TOOL FAIRY??? Why didn't anyone tell me all these years????

IN OTHER NEWS:

Wetwedding project 12

While DK was Friday lunching, paging through issues of Brides magazine in preparation for a wedding, unbeknownst to her the hussy Mermaids came in and took over her ballroom floor with a GIANT KEG!

She was imagining a nice, cultured string quartet, at the reception, not Sam Ronson!

Attached Images

Last edited by DKShrimporium; 04-08-2013 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: ...
Old 03-29-2013, 07:47 PM   #1539
DKShrimporium
Shrimp Listener

Quote:
Oh, and, by the way. DK's careful about giving out information into cyberspace, because weird things happen.

Like, JUST TODAY.

Box shows up. Addressed to the Germans. From Amazon. Seems the Germans have a fan, or perhaps have learned my password to logon.

Time to open the box.

---------

Yep. Very, very creepy. The Germans either have a stalker fan, or have infiltrated my Amazon account, making their wishes known. WHO ELSE would know that they WANT TO PLAY BALL???!!!!!!

Thank you, to the sender, assuming the Germans can't type. Never know, with them.

Attached Images

Last edited by DKShrimporium; 03-29-2013 at 08:14 PM.. Reason: ...
Old 03-29-2013, 09:42 PM   #1540
wicca27
Planted Tank Guru

very interesting box for the germans.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:46 PM   #1541
DKShrimporium
Shrimp Listener

So... last night DK was trying not to blow her capillaries, because she had the highest blood pressure, ever, doing a beta test.

She's not very easily intimidated by projects but this one had her sweating.

Been beta testing ALL day, today, playing the "How does it REALLY work; is it doing what I THINK it's doing, or something else??"

We are 95% successful on the first round of beta testing, which DK is very pleased at that level. There are a few tweakings, that will take a few days to implement.

Due to the tweakings, the system is manual as of now, but will be fully automated within a week.

And, it will be the coolest thing, ever. Well, until DK's next hair-brained project.

DK's very, very tired.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:53 PM   #1542
wicca27
Planted Tank Guru

congrats on the beta test going so well. cant wait to see the wetwedding in all its glory
Old 03-31-2013, 04:08 PM   #1543
DKShrimporium
Shrimp Listener

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicca27 View Post
congrats on the beta test going so well. cant wait to see the wetwedding in all its glory

Why, thank you. Think of now as the rehearsal dinner, for about a week, until I get the new parts in and have the system globally recalibrated.

IN OTHER NEWS:

Today, a picture of Cashew Jar Department Store progress in Mermaid world. DK's glass is very slimy, and she's keeping it that way for the time being, because, as you can see, all her babies are snackin' on the slime. She's running her tank rich, which means she's a-growin' some other things in there at the moment, as seen also on the glass.

This here picture shows the pipeline of babies going on in there, since the CJDS project was installed. There are actually a lot more sizes and tons of shrimp in this tank, now, but there is a sort of funny phenomenon that happens.

They are STILL quite shy. You can see a glare on the glass in this picture, coming from a rack of tanks behind me as I take the picture.

What this means is that any time I want to see the Mermaids, I get up on a step (because their tank is high) and as I do my head blocks the light to them from that rack of tanks behind me.

So to the Mermaids, it looks like a giant predator shadow, and they all scoot for the shadows - notice you don't see any of them EXCEPT the ones on the glass, whose eyes are on the TOP of their faces and therefore they can't see the BIG BAD PREDATOR SHADOW from their angle. So I shoot the picture I am ABLE to get, right now, which is a few of them on the slimy glass, to illustrate my point.

We see in that sampling at least five sizes of juvies, which is great.

This means the hussy mommas are pumping out the babies in a pipeline fashion in there, which I can confirm by my sighting lots of pregger waifs every time I look in there (but can't photograph right now due to the slimy-baby-snack-bar-glass).

But this photo makes DK very happy! That tank is taking off, now.

Attached Images

Old 03-31-2013, 04:50 PM   #1544
wicca27
Planted Tank Guru

awsome dk so happy they are finaly doing well for you. pretty good pic though the snack bar lol
Old 04-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #1545
DKShrimporium
Shrimp Listener

Global recalibrations ongoing, a couple days.

Ebirah the groom awaits his bride, whom we shall need to name.

Her bridal colors have been determined thusly:

IN OTHER NEWS:

Wetwedding project 13

Oh, la la. DK just found the wedding dress fabric. Next, she hits up a couple of her sewing type peeps. This is gonna be awesome. Oh yeah. Let's just say it's a gonna be an ek-lek-tek wedding.

Attached Images

Last edited by DKShrimporium; 04-08-2013 at 11:40 AM.. Reason: ...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.