Gnod's wabi kusa #1
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2013, 04:22 AM   #1
gnod
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (31/100%)
Default Gnod's wabi kusa #1

Special thanks to Scott for his inspiration and providing the many plants and information very generously. Please check out his journal here should you want to know how it started for me.

I don't know why I was so drawn to this particular..."scape". Something about the messiness and the beauty from it really drew me in. Call me a cheese ball but hey, I love it.

Enjoy the photos.

I believe the "original" original ball consists of just rocks, and sphagnum moss. I was curious to see if there's any noticeable growth from mixing with some Aquasoil so that's what I did with this ball. As you can see, fishing line is used generously but I don't care about it being too visible. I'll be spraying 5 ml macro filled spray bottle daily just to encourage growth though.

I placed few lava rocks as the base so that the ball doesn't necessarily touch the water directly. I'm hoping that the moisture from covering the top of the bowl should be enough.

enjoy!
gnod is offline   Reply With Quote